Skip to main content
Topic: Cab over space changes (Read 220 times) previous topic - next topic
Cab over space changes
How feasible is it to remove the entertainment and shelves from the cab over and put a sleeping area there?  Asking for a friend.  😉

Re: Cab over space changes
Reply #1
That area is not constructed for anyone to sleep in if it has an entertainment center. So can’t be changed in to sleeping area. Sorry
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #2
I would not say it is impossible but it would require a lot of work. Removing the Entertainment Center will leave the interior walls badly damaged, it will come out in a pile wood and will not be reusable. I
This not a job for the unskilled and/or inexperienced .
It is best to start with a model already with a bunk.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Cabover models are built from the ground up to support the weight of sleepers,  the entertainment center is not.
When I picked up my 2013 31 IB,  Todd advised me not to use that area to store a lot of books.  My bodyweight represents a very large stack of books.
joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #4
It would be interesting to see the changes / differences between the two models.  If the cab over is significantly stronger than the entertainment center,  why does LD charge $2000+ to convert from cabover to entertainment center when unit is being built? Shouldnt it be the opposite?

Reply #5
Hi Rich;  Extra money for more detail work, running wiring and more finished furniture, doors and such. RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #6
"... why does LD charge $2000+ to convert from cabover..."

Any deviation from 'standard' will cost the consumer!   ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!