Skylight insulation
I measured 14.5 x 22.5 inches.
The commercial insulators are 14 x 22.

That tells me they won't wedge fit.

Anyone have a solution?

2021 Mid Bath

Re: Skylight insulation
Reply #1
Sticky foam rubber strips? Like weather stripping?
Michelle
Someday Lazy Dazer - Waiting List as of 03/06/2020!

Reply #2
I had the Mothership install the snap on vent covers. At home I made foam inserts that slip inside the vents and are secured in place by the snap on covers.

Home Depot sells the foam that I cut into circular panels which I enclosed in $1.00 steering wheel covers and stapled closed.

Here are pics of my creation.

Good luck,

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #3
Oops, sorry.  Misread the title. What I have are for the vents.  My skylight is in the shower, I made some spring clips to hold some reflectix into the dome.  Never saw a need to take it down.

The Mothership sold me the covers.  Installation of the snap was simply to remove the existing screws and replace them with the ones with snaps.    I have a couple of layers of reflectix cut to size to go in there which works for me.
YMMV
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #4
I bought a sheet of 2" foil backed Styrofoam from Hardware stores and started cutting to fit sung.  I can pull them out as needed.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #5
Our low cost vent covers for winter camping in our mid-bath. They're definitely homely but get the job done  :D
Works for the skylight in the shower as well.

Used a single 4×8 sheet of foil lined 1" foam board insulation from the hardware store and cut pieces to tightly fit openings. Was able to cover all three vents, the bathroom skylight and three exterior storage doors for $12. Gently pressed them into place, took them down and used a spoon to make the impressions the right depth for knobs and switches (see pic). Edged the pieces with blue painters' tape to prevent the Styrofoam shedding whenever we remove them.

The covers fit snugly and simply wedge into place. Note: A couple of them have loosened a bit over time and now fall down if we forget and leave them up while traveling down a bumpy backroad. But, they do stay in place when we're sitting still.

Don't have a picture, but we just pull down the one in the shower before bathing. Would think you probably could use a thicker piece of foam for the skylight if you wanted a bit more insulation since there are no knobs/switches etc.
2018 Mid-Bath Beatrix (bringer of joy)