Skip to main content
Topic: MB Width Dimensions (Read 244 times) previous topic - next topic
MB Width Dimensions
Does anyone know the width of the later model MB’s?  I need to know the center-to-center width measurement for the front tires and rear duallies.  Thanks!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: MB Width Dimensions
Reply #1
I think our 2002 was 102" not including the mirrors or awning for the body.  Not sure which tire measurements you want.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #2
What can Greg be worrying about now? And Greg, you have a Lazy Daze, don't you have a tape measure? :D

Steve K. (Not willing to go out in the current monsoon to measure for Gregory)
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #3
What can Greg be worrying about now? And Greg, you have a Lazy Daze, don't you have a tape measure? :D

Steve, no worries, and stay inside and keep dry!

Trying to do some leveling of my parking area at home so I don’t have to drive up on blocks which will make getting ready for a trip easier. The LD is parked in storage right now and I'm too lazy to drive 15 miles to town to take the measurement.  ;)

Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #4
Our 2021 27 MB wheelbase is supposed to be 176 inches from front axle to back axle according to our manual... we don't have the RV yet to measure  ::)
Shawn and Randy Willmott

Reply #5
Our 2021 27 MB wheelbase is supposed to be 176 inches from front axle to back axle according to our manual... we don't have the RV yet to measure  ::)

Yes, I was able to find that dimension in the specs online but not the widths. Guess I’ll be heading into town.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #6
Does anyone know the width of the later model MB’s?  I need to know the center-to-center width measurement for the front tires and rear duallies.  Thanks!

I'll measure.
The inner or outer dually?
2021 Mid Bath

Reply #9
For those who may not have run across it yet, Ford hosts a number of useful documents at its Body Builder Advisory Service (BBAS) - Publications Web site, link here. You use the "SHOW MORE" button to reveal information for chassis older than the current model year.

Body Builders Layout Book (BBLB) for 2017 E-Series chassis is here
Note 1: Greg's LD may be built on a 2016 chassis.
Note 2: See pages 12 and 14 for distance-between-tire-center dimensions "FW" and "RW"

In the same BBLB list there is one for electrical wiring. A link to the 2017 BBLB Electrical Wiring section is here.
Note: The 2015 Electrical Wiring section (link here) has more information than the 2017. I wonder where the diagrams went?

Similar helpful information is available under "Specifications" on the BBAS Publications page. Link for the 2017 E-Series chassis is here.

Mark H.
Former owner, 31-foot gas Class A
Former owner, 1997-8 mid-bath

Reply #10
Mark, thanks for that document; I had forgotten it existed.  I can get the measurement from there so never mind,  Tedeboy!
The chassis has a manufacture date of Sept. 2016 so not sure what that makes it.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #11
Mark, thanks for that document; I had forgotten it existed.  I can get the measurement from there so never mind,  Tedeboy!
The chassis has a manufacture date of Sept. 2016 so not sure what that makes it.

Your LD and chassis are both 2017 models. I doubt there has been any changes to the width of the axles and wheels since Ford introduced the wide-body chassis in the late 1990s for the 27’ and 31’ models. The shorter, 23.5’ models didn't get the wide body chassis until 2003.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze