Skip to main content
Topic: Hehr Window Latches (Read 164 times) previous topic - next topic
Hehr Window Latches
I’m doing some maintenance on the sliding windows and just noticed that all the windows on the driver’s side open with the latch downwards.  All the windows on the passenger side are the opposite.    (I have not checked the cabover sliders yet).  To me, they should all open as the passenger side windows do.  Why the difference?  Is this normal or a factory goof up?

Edit: Yep, the cabover windows show the same pattern.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Hehr Windows
Reply #1
I replaced some of the latches on our older motorhome and with the 94 model windows, there are left and right latches. When I was done all latches pointed down when latched.

Jon
1994 MB

Re: Hehr Window Latches
Reply #2
"Why the difference?  Is this normal or a factory goof up?"

Pretty much standard, Glen. Cuts down on the parts inventory when you can just flip a right and use it for a left!   ::)

Just remember, driver is UP, passenger is down! Take that as you will. 
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
Greg, did you notice that the windows slide open and closed in opposite directions too? Driver's side slides to your right to open and the passenger side to your left! The insanity of it all. Another factory goof up? Just like you thought they forgot the p-trap under your shower. ;)

So glad you keep finding things to worry about.....your poor wife :D

Serenity now, SERENITY NOW!

Steve K
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #4
Steve, that missing P-trap was really freaking me out.  So glad I finally found it!  Regarding the latches, I figure if I stand on my head while opening the driver side windows, they open normally so I’m good with that . . . or was it the passenger side?  Anyway, I’m gonna take a chill pill now.  :D

Happy Easter everyone.  He is risen!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264