Skip to main content
Topic: Privacy Curtain (Read 199 times) previous topic - next topic
Privacy Curtain
I have gotten a new privacy curtain around the cab (from the Creative Curtain lady and I was told I just need a screwdriver to undo one end and the old curtain will come off, Well that isn't happening.  There are screws all along the path, does each one have to be unscrewed? Then I noticed the old curtain is secured/tucked into the carpet on the side walls. They do not budge. So what is the trick to remove old?  Then slice the curtain off the side walls? Would appreciate any help on this. Thank you.
2011 Mid Bath

Re: Privacy Curtain
Reply #1
Hi Melinda;  I'm writing this from memory, I'll take a look tomorrow.  There is a screw at the end of the track on each side, but I only take out the passenger side, and both side curtains will slide out of the track. I think I loosened a few screws leading up to the end on the passenger side to get a better out and in path.  The sides have screws through the drape at the ends against the pillars. A button cap snaps on to cover the screw heads. You need to pop the caps off to unscrew these. I screw the screw back in temporarily to make it easier to find the holes in the metal under the carpet again.
   I didn't like the idea of metal hooks with sharp points around my face.  I got new plastic sliders, the sun rots the plastic after a few years.  RECMAR 7124 Curtain Track Button Carrier (14/bag) | Curtain-Tracks.com     I sewed them directly into the fabric, and they slide back in to the track without the metal hooks.  They can be slid out every few years and washed in place on the curtains.   I've done this for a friends coach also.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: Privacy Curtain
Reply #2
In our '04, the edge of the curtain was screwed into the wall, through the carpeting, at 3 or 4 spots. I do not remember exactly how the screws were concealed, but I did not like that it caused the curtain to show daylight - lack of privacy - between the attachment points. Therefore, I removed the screws and used a flexible trim strip over the edge of the curtain to hold it flush to the wall, then screwed that back down.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit