Skip to main content
Topic: Seat Covers (Read 686 times) previous topic - next topic
Seat Covers
After searching, I could not find any recent threads on seat covers for LD's.  We are thinking of purchasing a set to cover the faux leather cab seats (cat protection).  Any recommendations or recent experience?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Seat Covers
Reply #1
for cat (and with the cat's permission) driver comfort suggest getting a set of sheepskins.  I do not have them on my LD but had them on two or three cars.  They are warm in the winter and cool in the summer.  The curly wool allows air to circulate behind the skin. I have not done it because I have not seen the less expensive ones that were common back in the day.  Custom ones can be found on the internet but they are expensive.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Our cat "Tux" sleeps in the overhead berth, and uses the headrest of the passenger seat to climb up into his bed.

I did notice two tiny claw marks. 

When/if you settle on a set of decent covers please post as I am interested in preserving the faux leather seats.

Thanks

Tony R. (aka codefour)
Tony R
2010 LD RB - Sold to another happy LD Family

Reply #4
Thanks, Chris. Guess what I’m hoping for is some recent actual user experiences.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
I was looking for seat covers too. Since there isn't any recent first hand reviews here checked out SOB Class C / E450 forums. Looks like these seat covers - particularly the Scottsdale fits our seats well and has positive feedback. Not too crazy expensive. Keeping these on my list for in the future.

Seat Covers Unlimited
Jodi, Kevin, and Lincoln (the crazy doodle dog)
2011 TK - also the "DogHaus"- adopted October 2023
2000 30IB - the "DogHaus" - adopted April 2020 - rehomed October 2023

Reply #6
Thanks, Chris. Guess what I’m hoping for is some recent actual user experiences.
I am using sheepskin covers and will check my document binder when I visit storage next to see if I can find buying info. 

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #7
I don't travel with the old cat, but if I did and wanted covers for the cab seats, I'd consider those made of nylon oxford instead of sheepskin, neoprene, or a heavy woven cotton material. Most cats like a 'grippy' surface to claw; the nylon oxford cloth doesn't offer the same 'purchase' as softer materials. Your cat(s) may not be real choosy about the surfaces they go after (and some are 'horizontal' scratchers rather than 'vertical' scratchers), but, if one takes the cat(s) when traveling in the rig, one guide to selecting less appealing surfaces to claw is what they scratch on most often when they're in the house - and avoiding duplicating that material in the rig.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
After searching, I could not find any recent threads on seat covers for LD's.  We are thinking of purchasing a set to cover the faux leather cab seats (cat protection).  Any recommendations or recent experience?
Car Seat Covers Up to 30% Off | Auto Seat Covers for Cars and Trucks |...

Check this out. You can drill down to Ford E models. Mine are Eurow but on their website I can't find what I bought and I don't remember where I bought them or if they are the real deal (sheepskin). They have been comfortable and I've never taken them off.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #9
for cat (and with the cat's permission) driver comfort suggest getting a set of sheepskins.  I do not have them on my LD but had them on two or three cars.  They are warm in the winter and cool in the summer.  The curly wool allows air to circulate behind the skin. I have not done it because I have not seen the less expensive ones that were common back in the day.  Custom ones can be found on the internet but they are expensive.

My wife had an old sheepskin rug which one pair of sibling cats we had proceeded to methodically rip out every bit of wool, mouthful by mouthful, until it was a bare leather sheet. Before investing, check cat behavior.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #10
I was looking for seat covers too. Since there isn't any recent first hand reviews here checked out SOB Class C / E450 forums. Looks like these seat covers - particularly the Scottsdale fits our seats well and has positive feedback. Not to crazy expensive. Keeping these on my list for in the future.

Seat Covers Unlimited

Jodi, I ended up purchasing the Scottsdale seat covers.  Received them yesterday and just finished installing them.  It takes a bit of time, even with two people, but I think they look pretty good.  We're going to let the cats test them tomorrow!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #11
Looking good  👍 👍 👍

- John
Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶

Reply #12
Do post pics of what is left over after the cats demonstrate their 'approval'  ;)
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #13
Greg,

I considered adding these covers but stopped because I wasn’t confident that the fit would be up to Lazy Daze standards.  From your photos the fit looks quite good.  Please share which cover (description & item number) you ordered.  Also, did you encounter any fit issues?  And, if so, what did you do to accommodate?

Warren
Warren
2019 MB “Dream Catcher”
Jeep Wrangler JL

Reply #14
Joel, the kitties seemed to like the new seat covers.  No damage noted on the trial run!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #15
I considered adding these covers but stopped because I wasn’t confident that the fit would be up to Lazy Daze standards.  From your photos the fit looks quite good.  Please share which cover (description & item number) you ordered.  Also, did you encounter any fit issues?  And, if so, what did you do to accommodate?

Warren, I was surprised at the fit and the finished look of these seat covers, especially given the price point. Time will tell how they hold up but they are supposed to be pretty rugged.

The seat back and bottom cushions are separate pieces so they are attached with a combination of velcro and string cords. Running the cords are a bit tricky as it’s very tight, especially the driver seat with all the electronics underneath. You need to be careful and make sure the strings are above any wiring under the seats. We had a little trouble running the cords the way the directions instructed but we were able to manipulate them enough to do the install. I could probably take more time and figure out a better way but it’s good for now. The instructions are for a van and not necessarily a motorhome which has things like a dinette or refrigerator wall in your way! The side flaps on the seat bottom tend to cover some of the controls on the driver side but they can be reached to adjust them. Overall I am happy with the end result especially considering we are covering up the nice looking faux leather seats.

These are considered custom fit so you need to specify the year and model of your chassis and the type of seats that you have; in our case, high back seats w/inside arms.  Specify Scottsdale model number  S-3316TM.  We got the taupe (with flecks) color.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #16
Just wanted to add for anyone considering these seat covers.  You can request fabric samples and they will be happy to send them before making a decision on colors, fabric types, etc.

Seat Covers Unlimited
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #17
Just a suggestion for anyone installing fitted seat covers that are difficult to remove after installation and/or not washable: Cover the seat with a beach towel or an old sheet when having work done on the rig. In my experience, it's now rare for a shop to use a plastic seat cover when they move a rig into and out of a work area, and mechanics' and techs' coveralls can be greasy!

YMMV.
2003 TK has a new home