Skip to main content
Topic: Visiting the Lazydaze factory? You can park overnight here.  (Read 338 times) previous topic - next topic
Visiting the Lazydaze factory? You can park overnight here.
If you are planning to visit the LD headquarters and need a place to park your LD for free while you stay in it for a night or two, call me.
I live literally 10 minutes from the LD factory. I have over 70’ of road frontage to park your LD (and tow vehicle) and the City of Pomona allows it.
You will be parked on a public street and there is some traffic/noise.
On any Wednesdays you must leave by 6:45 AM for street cleaning or you will be cited.
I cannot provide electricity. You must be self contained. With prior arrangement with me, you may be able to dump tanks and refill water ($5 water fee). My trash cans are not available for your use but there are public trash cans within one mile down the street.
This offer is limited to LD motorhomes and owners only and you must spend the night in your rig.
There are two RV parks nearby. The Fairplex KOA and the Pudding Stone RV are just a couple miles up the road from me. I don't recommend you stay in any RV parks along Mission or Holt.
To contact me call 909-450-4555.  I don’t answer unknown calls, but leave a message that starts with:
“Hi Tracy, I’m a Lazydaze owner and I’d like to park in front of your house ...”
I will call you back to make the arrangements.

This is kind of like “RV Host,” but it’s only for Lazydaze owners.  I’m doing this because my house is convenient to the factory and I like meeting other Lazydaze owners.

Unfortunately, I do have to cover myself for the unthinkable so by parking in front of my house:
You assume all liability for yourselves and your property during your stay and agree to hold home owners harmless for any damages/losses/injuries that may occur while parked on the public street or on the private property.
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Re: Visiting the Lazydaze factory? You can park overnight here.
Reply #1
"If you are planning to visit the LD headquarters and need a place to park..."

That is a most attractive offer SoCal gal and thanks for the thought.

You must be aware that Lazy Daze has an ample parking lot themselves where folks can stay. I know that some of us have used that option. Yes, it is in a somewhat seedy neighborhood and even LD does not recommend you stay there. I myself have considered it. But as you mentioned, there are other places, like the lake in the hills up above Pomona (can't think of the name just now) and the former KOA that appears to be affiliated with the Fairgrounds now. I've stayed there a number of times.   ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
The would be Puddingstone Lake.

Best,

Gary
2007 30' TB

Reply #3
"If you are planning to visit the LD headquarters and need a place to park..."[/c

You must be aware that Lazy Daze has an ample parking lot themselves where folks can stay. I know that some of us have used that option. Yes, it is in a somewhat seedy neighborhood and even LD does not recommend you stay there.

I would never stay over night in any parking lot in that area of town. I thought LD has a gated lot. I would never want to stay anywhere I couldn't leave in an emergency and I would never stay in an open lot in that area.  But if you do, don't wonder around after dark, it's just something to avoid.
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Reply #4
"I know LD has a gated lot but ..."

I'll have to admit I have not been there in the past two years but at that time there was no gated lot, unless you are referring to the 'back lot' where the manufacturing, service and storage takes place. There are actually three lots out front, a small one where you park your LD near the office for service, a somewhat larger lot next adjacent where the employees park and a much larger lot beyond that. In as far as I know the parking lots that face on the street are not fenced or gated unless it's been done in the meanwhile.   :o
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #5
I will repeat the SOU-CAL GIRL opinion. 

Been to the Mothership twice in the last 6 months from Vegas.  

Once, staying overnight at a RV Park.  Next trip leaving Vegas early and arriving at LD for my appointment time.

IMHO please do not stay overnight in the Lazy Daze Parking Lot in front of the Factory.

Local RV/Camping site overnight if necessary, or arrive at their facility for you appointment time, or certainly during daylight hours.

Period.

Todd Miller @ Lazy Daze strongly recommends this for a reason.

Cheers!

Tony R. (aka codefour)
Tony R
2010 LD RB - Sold to another happy LD Family

Reply #6
I agree do not stay in the LD lot overnight! The area is very seedy and no lights at night. I am a native of Los Angeles and know the area well.....that is why I live now in Palm Desert.