Skip to main content
Topic: No power in house when off shore power (Read 235 times) previous topic - next topic
No power in house when off shore power
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions...
2010 RB
  • everything fine when plugged into shore power or generator on
  • unplugged - no dc power to everything house related
  • things directly wired to the house batteries still working off house batteries, dash radio, inverter, electric step...so I think the house batteries (2015) are ok 
  • breaker and fuses in panel under the fridge seen to be ok
  • solar control panel dark except when generator is running. (even when plugged in - which might be normal...I can't remember

Any guidance would be appreciated
Long distance motorcyclists new to rv
2010 Rear Bath

Re: No power in house when off shore power
Reply #1
I am a bit puzzled. All lights are DC, so it should make no difference if you are connected to shore power or not.
You could check for voltage on any of the DC fuses. You could check for voltage coming from the batteries on the large lugs probably located at the upper right of the power box. Large red and black cables. If no voltage there, I am going to guess it might be the recently discussed "hidden DC breaker".

See this article for the breaker location in a RB.
The Lazy Daze Companion: The Hidden 12V Breaker

Post back if this corrects the problem. If it does turn on the DC and trips again, someone else will have to help you troubleshoot it.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #2

I am going to do as you say tomorrow with my new multimeter  :D

I am a bit puzzled. All lights are DC, so it should make no difference if you are connected to shore power or not.
You could check for voltage on any of the DC fuses. You could check for voltage coming from the batteries on the large lugs probably located at the upper right of the power box. Large red and black cables. If no voltage there, I am going to guess it might be the recently discussed "hidden DC breaker".

See this article for the breaker location in a RB.
The Lazy Daze Companion: The Hidden 12V Breaker

Post back if this corrects the problem. If it does turn on the DC and trips again, someone else will have to help you troubleshoot it.
[/quote]
2010 Rear Bath

Reply #3
FIXED. It was that that little grey breaker - hidden under the bolted-down panel under the dinette seat. Thanks for the suggestion and thanks as always to MIKE COACHMAN (the previous owner) for troubleshooting with me. I now know a lot more about the electrical system in the coach.
2010 Rear Bath

Reply #4
Three days to fix the first time.  Three minutes the second time.  That's one way to measure progress.  Congrats  :)
Joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE