Skip to main content
Topic: Joining the Lazy Daze "Wanted " group (Read 700 times) previous topic - next topic
Joining the Lazy Daze "Wanted " group
Hi everyone.  My son and I are looking to purchase a Lazy Daze.  We would be cash buyers, so no loan needed.  We are located in  southern Nevada.

Age of unit.  I would say  probably in the 2003 to 2007 range with not more that 55,000 miles.
I would like to keep it in the $40,000 or less range, depending on year, mileage and condition.

Though I would certainly entertain other models, my favorite one is the one everyone seems to like.  What feature I need is separate sleeping areas for each of us, with my son taking sleeping area over cab.  (He is 6’2” and needs the length) and as I am the  78 yr. Old lady, I get the back sleeping area.  This is to be the “bucket item”  for me, and my son wants to make sure I get to do this before I leave this place.
My preferences in order.

26.5 Mid Bath with the two sofa beds in the rear.
23.5 unit with twin sofas in rear  with sleeping cab over driver front
31’ with bed in back and a sleep over cab.
 ;D  ;D

Re: Joining the Lazy Daze "Wanted " group
Reply #1
"31' with bed in back and a sleep over cab."

Welcome to the LDO Group, Modhatter!

I commend you choices, well thought out given your situation. How old is your son?

About the 30/31' Lazy Daze floor plans... none of them include cab over bunks. All are made with an entertainment system in the cab over location and cannot be converted due to the way it is constructed. That will confine you to the 24' or 27' models. But that still leaves you with a lot of choices.
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
As Lazy Bones said, the 30/31 ft model does not have cab over sleeping.  The bed in the back is an RV Queen size, which is slightly narrower and shorter than a standard queen.  The couch in the front is 78" long so would be more than large enough for your son.  You might look for a 30/31 with twin beds in the back as well, but they are somewhat rare.

Reply #4
Oh, I didn't realize that the 31' LD didn't have a cab sleeping area.  The couch would work, if the sleeping area part was that long.  When I first came on this sight I found an area that showed floor plans that showed individual dimensions, but can't find it now.  My son is 40 yrs. old LazyBones (cute name)

HiLola.  Thanks for the link.  I did e-mail them yesterday, but have not heard back.  No phone # to call.  It looks like the back has one sofa bed and I think it's two chairs across from it.  Can't really see back completely.  I'm going to try them again.

Yes, it's important I think for my son, as well as myself, to have some as semblance of privacy.  You never know, I might get lucky.   O:)  O:) (that's a joke)

Reply #5
Oh, I didn't realize that the 31' LD didn't have a cab sleeping area.  The couch would work, if the sleeping area part was that long.  When I first came on this sight I found an area that showed floor plans that showed individual dimensions, but can't find it now.  My son is 40 yrs. old LazyBones (cute name)

HiLola.  Thanks for the link.  I did e-mail them yesterday, but have not heard back.  No phone # to call.  It looks like the back has one sofa bed and I think it's two chairs across from it.  Can't really see back completely.  I'm going to try them again.

Yes, it's important I think for my son, as well as myself, to have some as semblance of privacy.  You never know, I might get lucky.  O:)  O:) (that's a joke)

Here are the specs which include measurements. http://www.lazydaze.com/FEATURES.PDF

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #6
.  What feature I need is separate sleeping areas for each of us, with my son taking sleeping area over cab.  (He is 6’2” and needs the length) and as I am the  78 yr. Old lady, I get the back sleeping area. 

While it may be hard to pull off in the age of Covid, having your son "test" fit the bunk, getting into and laying down, is advisable, many find the low overhead to be claustrophobia.
LDs have lower overhead clearances than most RVs, one of the ways LD uses to keep the overall profile and center of gravity low.
Bigger people usually prefer to sleep down below.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #8
I went out and measured the front bed and queen bed on my 30IB:
Front bed, not pulled out  27w x 78 long
Front bed, pulled out:  48w x 78 long
Queen Bed:  58w x 78 long

Reply #9
"31' with bed in back and a sleep over cab."

Welcome to the LDO Group, Modhatter!

I commend you choices, well thought out given your situation. How old is your son?

About the 30/31' Lazy Daze floor plans... none of them include cab over bunks. All are made with an entertainment system in the cab over location and cannot be converted due to the way it is constructed. That will confine you to the 24' or 27' models. But that still leaves you with a lot of choices.

Can any of the models with entertainment centers be converted?  This is a big consideration for me since I do want the over head bed. 
Long time Lazy Daze fan. I'm finally about to be able to buy my first.  Looking for a 23.5 front lounge. If you are in the St. Louis area and are willing to give me a tour of yours, no matter what the size, even if it's not for sale, please contact me.

Reply #11
Can any of the models with entertainment centers be converted?  This is a big consideration for me since I do want the over head bed. 

None of the 31' models have a bunk upfront.
All of the 24' models have a bunk, the 27' models can be built either way.

Converting an entertainment center into a bunk would be a huge project, one that I wouldn't have been willing to take on.
A lot of damage could occur during its removal, any cabinet LD installs is intended to never be removed. Cabinet and benches usually come apart in small pieces, good for the trash.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #12
The posting below from Craigs list can be seen on Northern California Craigs list; located in Sutter Creek, Ca. I have seen this inside and outside on the resellers RV lot. Looks clean but I did not do a thorough inspection as I am looking for a 27 mid bath or a 24 Twin King. If it was either I would have seriously considered it at that mileage and price given the good interior and exterior condition.  Brad Pearson  tellem614@gmail.com
2000 Lazy Daze 30' - $25,999 (Sutter Creek)
<
image 1 of 24     24 photos on the Craigs listing
>
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
551 Hwy 49 near Ridge Road
(google map)

2000 LAZE DAZE M30
VIN: 1FDXE45SXYHA12439
condition: excellent
fuel: gas
odometer: 26000
paint color: brown
rv type: class C
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
more ads by this user

You are looking at a clean, well maintained, low mileage 2000 Laze Daze Class C Motor home. Some of the amenities are as follows:

Triton V-10 motor
26573 original miles
Front overhead entertainment w/flat screen tv
2 person booth/breaks down into twin bed
Large jack knife couch/bed
Day/Night shades
3 Burner stove/oven
Over head exhaust fan and microwave
Built in coffee maker
Double kitchen sink
Flip up counter extension
Full size refrigerator
Ice maker built into cabinet
Extra storage on exterior of bathroom door
Separate closet shower, when door is open,
closes off front of coach
Porcelain toilet and sink in separate closet
Rear walk around bed w/half closets on each side
Chrome simulators for rear wheels
Solar panel
And much more............
Vin#A12439

We are a small family owned/operated sales, service, parts and consignment lot located in Sutter Creek, CA 95685. Please feel free to stop by and browse our inventory or give us a call at 209-267-9444.

JH Wholesale
551 Hwy 49
Sutter Creek, CA 95685
209-267-9444
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 7273708666

Reply #13
I went out and measured the front bed and queen bed on my 30IB:
Front bed, not pulled out  27w x 78 long
Front bed, pulled out:  48w x 78 long
Queen Bed:  58w x 78 long

Wow, that was so kind of you to do that.  It's great to know it would work.  Now will you please sell me your unit?  I'm your next door neighbor!
Also, to the fella who asked about converting the entertainment back into a sleeping cab.  I called Lazy Daze last week and spoke with a nice guy, and asked that very question.  He told me that he wouldn't recommend it because the entertainment center units are built differently and other support beams would be needed.  I know looking at it, you would think all you would need to do is take out some cabinets, etc.  Not so, according to him.

Sonja

Reply #14
I will be selling my unit sometime in the future.  But price will reflect substantial remodeling costs that I have done.  If I were you, I would look at the unit that Brad found in Sutter Creek.  That unit is priced well under current market.

Reply #15
Just an FYI about the unit in Sutter Creek... it has been there for many, many months. I don’t know anything about it other than that.
2008 Rear Kitchen

Reply #16
N
Just an FYI about the unit in Sutter Creek... it has been there for many, many months. I don’t know anything about it other than that.

Hi Nikki,
 Did you ever speak with them on the phone?  Do you remember how long ago you first saw the ad? 

Sonja

Reply #17
Hi Sonja,

I was driving by this lot in October when I noticed this LD. It is still there. Just an observation...  No idea how long they may have had it prior to October.
2008 Rear Kitchen