Skip to main content
Topic: 8-Page Lazy Daze Sales Brochure (Read 478 times) previous topic - next topic
8-Page Lazy Daze Sales Brochure
There must have been a time when Lazy Daze tried to increase sales with the help of colorful brochures (instead of telling people to call again in a couple of years).

Sounds strange, but how else could it be that I found the attached sales brochure? I don't know to what model year it belongs, but it is certainly full of praise for and reasons for ordering a Lazy Daze - with one of the prominent selling points the fact (at least the claim) that the mileage of Lazy Dazes is - unlike with other motorhomes - better than 4-6 mpg. Wow!

I hope you can enjoy this piece of a  long gone history.

Klaus

2001 26.5 Mid-Bath

Re: 8-Page Lazy Daze Sales Brochure
Reply #1
"There must have been a time..."

Yup, there sure was... in fact I can reach out and pull my 2004 Brochure from my file cabinet where it lives!   ;D   ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
The grilles of the coaches shown in the brochure identify them as being in the 1997-2002 Ford model year range. The brochure refers to "the latest Ford or Chevrolet chassis technology." 1998 was the last year LD built coaches on Chevrolet chassis. Therefor I'm going to guess this is a 1997 or 1998 brochure. Thanks for posting it!
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
Really, really enjoyed the brochure!  Thank you for posting.
Noted that the writing “format” of the brochure is very similar to the current website format and styles.  Timeless writing and information indicative of a timeless motorhome.
Respectfully --  Jay & Shari

2022 — 31’ Twin Bed

Reply #4
Interesting.  Has 40 channel C.B. as standard feature.

Reply #5
We provide a 65 page owners' manual at the time you order your new Lazy Daze.

Yes, interesting reading.  I guess the manual has grown over the years as mine is 134 pages!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #6
Interesting.  Has 40 channel C.B. as standard feature.

My current LD does not have the CB (which is still an option) but my '85 did.  Heard some "interesting" conversations on the trucker's channel   . . .   :o
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #7
"Has 40 channel C.B..."

An option I now wish I'd saved my money on, considering how little use I've gotten from it. Today you don't find the mass of trucker chatter that was there a few years ago, perhaps they all use cell phones now?

The touted benefit of being able to communicate to a whole group, as at a rally or GTG, is highly overrated as well.  ::)

And, although I've tried, I've never been able to contact another LD while passing on the highway.

The most used feature I've found is the Weather Channel... now that's useful!  ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #8
Thanks for sharing this, Klaus! Great to see it.

Jim & Deb Langley
Santa Cruz, California

Reply #9
Hah!  Visited the rig in storage yesterday and while rummaging through my packet of warranties, etc., I found a pristine copy of that very brochure. Just another of the myriad of things I save and forget about. — Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄