Skip to main content
Topic: Generator “Gotcha” (Read 265 times) previous topic - next topic
Generator “Gotcha”
Seems I’m learning a little bit more everyday on the LD.  Today, I did some generator maintenance (oil, air filter, spark plug- still need to do the fuel filter but didn’t want to tackle that today until I figure out a good way to clamp the fuel line). I also tested the fridge/freezer on propane and AC as I hadn’t run it since my initial purchase inspection over a month ago.

I found an interesting thing new to me.  I initially fired up the fridge using propane in Auto mode.  Once I started the generator to warm it up prior to the oil change, the fridge should have switched to AC mode but it did not.  I then noticed there was no AC power anywhere in the coach.  Oh oh, I thought!  After checking the breakers in the converter unit and discovering them in the proper position, I broke out the LD manual and discovered that there is a circuit breaker on the generator itself which I hadn’t noticed before. Turns out that was the culprit and everything operated normally after that.  I also discovered the altitude adjustment on the carburetor so changed it to match our altitude.

Oh yeah, also tested the AC outlets with my new Kill-A-Watt meter!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Generator “Gotcha”
Reply #1
You can clamp the fuel hose by bending back over itself and putting vice grips to hold the hose in place. Just enough pressure on the pliers to hold the folded hose and keep the pliers from falling off. If you happen to have one of those big spring clips used to hold a pile of papers together, that will work even better.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy