Skip to main content
Topic: Storage for Lounge Table (Read 376 times) previous topic - next topic
Storage for Lounge Table
Since the newer MB’s don’t come with an installed table in the lounge, we are going to use this little portable table for now.  Eventually, I would like to install a Lagun brand table but don’t know if the rear wall will support it without proper blocking.  To store the portable table, I rigged this up in the wardrobe. Hard to see in the photo but the top is hooked to the factory installed clothes hanger rack.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Storage for Lounge Table
Reply #1
I recently did a renovation on my Rear Lounge one, which had the pop-up table. Still have it but not using it any more if you might want it.

This one had been removed from the original tv hookup cabinet and placed on the rear by simply adding a wood block which bolted through the rear spare tire holder.
1995 23.5 Rear Lounge

Reply #2
I am looking for the original table for my twin king, I bought mine ‘refurbished” and don’t like some of the changes including removing the table.  I am also using a little table which I store in the cupboard.
AlphPup
 2001 TK “Dazi”

Reply #3
If you don't take the one majortom is offering I have one with an extension that was located in the back of my MB.  I'm in central Texas until late spring/early summer.
My wheels:
2003 MB
2012 Jeep Liberty

Reply #4
I have been away from this group for a bunch of years due to life and medical issues. Didn't get to do all the travel we wanted but that is the story for most of us. We are transferring our 2002 MB to a friend so he and his family can begin some LD adventures.  We are already considering a new MB but I was caught by surprise at the post mentioning no rear table. One of the best features to us was having dinner with friends and sitting around that table with it's 270 degree view. Our table (from the factory) was made using a marine pipe stand that fit into the receptacle in the floor and when not used it was stored in the wardrobe cabinet. I'll make sure I measure all the parts and take some photos so I can duplicate it. When was it discontinued and does anyone know why?
        I've just returned to this site (I guess the continuation of our Yahoo one) after about ten years and am thrilled that it is still here and that I see many familiar names!

Regards to all,
Don Howe
2002 MB

Reply #5
Hi Don, Welcome back!  The rear table for the MB became optional. I believe it can still be ordered (at extra cost) and includes blocking inside the wall to support the weight.  I know many people with new MB's who have added their own tables.   My TK came with the same table, and just has a fold up leg for support. So no post hole in the floor, or post to store. One improvement, would be hinges with a pull pin to remove the table completely if so desired.
   I was refurbishing a 2001MB for a friend, in 2017, and installed the table (narrower) from the closet to the back wall. Picture included.  Ordering new from the factory involves a two year wait, and now has a moratorium on new orders because of the backlog.    RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB