Skip to main content
Topic: Non-member Classified Listings for 2021 (Read 12551 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Non-member Classifie...
Re: Non-member Classified Listings for 2021
Reply #300
RonB assisting a new member that I know well, wishing to sell his rig on the Forum:
Date of ad: July 21, 2021
Location of coach: East Falmouth, Massachussets  (Cape Cod)
Year of coach: 2001   VIN 1FDXE45S21HA88131
Price: $29,500
Miles: 73,000
Length and floor plan:  2001 26.5' MidBath (rear dinette converts to Twin/King)
Chassis  Ford  E450
Engine: V-10
Exterior colors: Red, Maroon, White.  Some fading and some damage
Paint scheme is the traditional horizontal stripes
Interior colors: Brown and Beige
Service records? from purchase: 2017 until present
Air conditioning? Yes, roof and dash
Generator is Onan Emerald 4KW – 176 hours
Solar panel from factory 2 – 85 W  RV-30S controller
Satellite TV--- No
Has RV ever been smoked in? Not since purchase 2017. No evidence before that. (no smell)
Have pets traveled in the RV? Yes, small dog. Prior unknown
Condition: good
Garaged or stored under cover? No
This floorplan can sleep 6: Queen overcab bed, pull out dinette (smaller) and rear configured as two twins, or King size
Phone #: (508) 560-3223     This is an East Coast number. Please do not call after 9:00 PM est  
E-mail address, long form: Relder@K2fast.com     (corrected by edit)
Link to photos:
             Other notables:
• New 24" LCD HDTV in 2017 with swing arm mount
• All outside lights converted to LED (except headlights)
• New headlight bulbs and lenses 2017
• Roof seams were sealed in 2016 (before purchase in 2017)
• New Pioneer radio installed in 2017
• New roof air installed 2018 Dometic BriskAir (same as standard)
• Replaced escape hatch cover (from LD factory)in 2017
• Replaced Shower dome with new style (from LD factory) in 2017
• New Michelin Defender tires all around including spare in 2017
• At least one LED light central isle
• New All wheels brake pads, calipers, some brake lines as needed 2017
• Recent New house batteries
• Extra re-enforcement of hitch and bumper 
• New stainless steel handles (from LD) on mirrored closet doors
• Drapes mounted with new sliders sewn onto drapes (no sharp hooks)
• New outside shower, in 2017, housing, valves hose and head
• Misc. included:  Wheel vinyl covers, windshield cover  inside window covers, etc
• Falcon 2 Tow bar and Brake Buddy included  (came from previous owner, did not tow)
• Couch bolsters were missing at purchase in 2017
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #301
I bought this 2001 MB July 21 in 2017 in Ventura, Ca. for my friends to use. (They paid for it) I spent most of 3 months cleaning and fixing it up.  It still has a few things that should be upgraded. The original Parallax converter remains (Magnetek 6345) and the solar controller (RV-30S) They do still work, but of course newer converters and solar controllers are available now.   RonB
       Corrected the contact e-mail address to     relder@K2fast.com

Reply #303
Happened to see this on Craigslist (Inland Empire)  don’t know the seller or anything else about it— just passing along the info since I didn’t see it listed here or on RV Trader for anyone interested!

Lazy Daze Motorhome RV Class C Twin Beds - rvs - by owner - vehicle...

Daryl
Daryl 
2007  26.5’ mid-bath, “Blu Tent“
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
  (previously 2006 23.5’ front lounge)
SKP #145689

22’ for sale on EBay
Reply #304
Just saw this ad on eBay. Looks like a well kept LD.
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Re: 22’ for sale on EBay
Reply #305
ONLY 10k miles on a '95? That gives me chills!
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #306
"ONLY 10k miles on a '95? That gives me chills!"
---
Ditto. The seized up/gunked/hardened/turned to powder potential of a whole lot of components in that few miles over that many years would be a significant concern.

YMMV, as always.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #307
Well, certainly a nice looking coach, and way better than 110,000 miles or 210,000!  Looks like it has been stored inside.  Some things age by years, some by miles. Usually a combination of both.  This one won't have the wear and tear of worn hinges, scratches, latches. Dents and dings external and internal, etc.  It looks a lot like my '99TK except for colors.  They didn't mention the rear King bed, that the couches pull out to the middle. I prefer that my table is attached to the rear wall, and folds up to stow in seconds.
    Renovation of the lighting, electronics etc. is needed. I'm going to guess that the CO, smoke and propane detectors are up to date.  Water pump, tanks, plumbing won't be any worse than any other '95.
    The 454 engine is a good choice for a 22' rig. The $25k is overpriced IMO but the market will establish the value as it always does.    RonB

1995 Chevrolet Lazy Daze Class C RV 454 V8, only 10k mi, 4k gen dual A/C...

Reply #308
10,000 miles in 27 years? This means it has sat for years without use, a good way to have every rubber seal in the engine, transmission, brakes, and other parts, harden and potentially leak. Unless it has been properly mothballed during storage, a lot of work and money may be needed to bring it up to a dependable operating condition.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #309
I would want to see maint receipts going back to substanciate the time/mileage....no receipts....means....odometer rollback, odometer replacement with one from a junk yard, odometer repaired at a speedo shop and reset to zero...odometer broken at 10k and just recently had cable replaced/repaired....among a few. Buyer beware....oh has anyone looked at the repair job being done on one of similar age...leaked a long time....rotten framing....just saying
2017 Casita Spirit Deluxe
2016 Twin King 24ft
2017 Casita Independence Dlx
2004 Midbath 26.5

Reply #310
The VIN supplied doesn't connect with NHTSA.gov.  (GM doesn't recognize it)   If it has been registered in CA continuously and smogged every two years, then the mileage is recorded by the DMV at each inspection. I believe a Carfax report will show this and the location of each inspection.   Any 27 year old motorhome is going to have imperfections and the potential for unrecognized and unknown maintenance issues. Heck even new Thor, Fleetwood vehicles have that. 
    The comment about the base of the Winegard TV antenna pedestal being new.... a corrosion problem, or driving with antenna up issue?  I seem to remember a 'wanted to buy' post recently by someone who wanted a GM product only.  Sounds like this would be aimed at him..   This seller doesn't claim 'one owner' anywhere, so the pedigree may not be consistent.   RonB

Reply #311
Josh the flipper has a nice looking offer on his Facebook page. Just don’t think I could put my neck out that far. 😂
On the search for a 26.5 MB
to be our home away from home