Skip to main content
Topic: Solar Fuse (Read 255 times) previous topic - next topic
Solar Fuse
Is the fuse for the solar a different type than the other fuses in the 12 volt side of the converter panel? The fuse holder is different and appears to be smaller (black holder in photo.)
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Solar Fuse
Reply #1
It's probably a physically smaller fuse - looks like it from the picture.

Mini vs Regular:
How to identify blade-type fuses

The wise man (wise guy?) would get spares in each size. 

Rich
2003 MB

Reply #3
This reply is meant to test the theory of "If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime ".

Greg, it's new year;  be *daring*! Figure some stuff out.  Open up the fuse holder and pull the fuse! I bet you thought of that, didn't you? 🙂

You would learn 2 things that would be useful to you.  #1, how to pull that fuse, and #2, what kind of fuse it is. #1 will prepare you for when you need to work on one of the 12volt systems which remain powered by the solar system even when the batteries are disconnected.

Steve K.

Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #4
Steve, I’ll pull it today and take a look. You’re correct, I am a bit sheepish when it comes to electrical and solar stuff!
🐑🐑🐑
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
Greg, you may be sheepish but you were brave enough to pull out the electrical center to winterize!  And I learned the *exciting* way about 12 volt systems still getting power from the solar when the batteries are turned off! Experience really is the best teacher!

Steve K
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #7
That looks right, but I would first check to see if you have any others that size in the coach, perhaps at differing amperages, and if so order an assortment.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit