Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 Mid Bath interior refresh (Read 1129 times) previous topic - next topic
2006 Mid Bath interior refresh
Mostly finished with the interior.
New:
Vinyl plank flooring
Kitchen faucet
Bath faucet
Shower head
Shower curtain
Kitchen backsplash
Bath backsplash
All new cabinet and drawer hardware
All cushions re upholstered.

Pretty satisfied so far, the cushions look white in the pics, but they’re actually a creme color.
Need to add throw pillows, rugs, pictures and a new stereo to finish up.
Happy Lazy Dazing!
2006 Mid Bath

Re: 2006 Mid Bath interior refresh
Reply #1
Phenomenal, Victor. You’ve given us many ideas. Where did you get the cushions reupholstered?

Sasha
2005 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Believe it or not, I had my ex wife do it! I figured, I bought her a $1500 sewing machine some years ago, might as well get some return on investment.
She’s working from home and didn’t have anything else going on during the Kung Flu pandemic.
$270 for fabric from JoAnn.
2006 Mid Bath

Reply #3
Wow that’s amazing. Great work!!
Believe it or not, I had my ex wife do it! I figured, I bought her a $1500 sewing machine some years ago, might as well get some return on investment.
She’s working from home and didn’t have anything else going on during the Kung Flu pandemic.
$270 for fabric from JoAnn.
2005 Mid Bath

Reply #4
You did a great job! Everything looks awesome! Now I'm even more inspired to update our rig. What did you use for your backplash?

Reply #5
It’s a natural stone on a peel and stick backing. Super easy to do.
Brand is STIK
Color : La Crema
Home Depot
2006 Mid Bath

Reply #6
It looks great.  I'm wondering what type of shade is on the rear lounge window.  Very nice looking.

Also, I've heard of some people using the peel and stick tiles and using an adhesive under them.  Yours seem to be sticking okay without extra adhesive?
Lance & Barb
2003 Lazy Daze 26.5' Mid-Bath; 2006 Saturn toad

Reply #7
I watched a few videos about installing peel and stick tile and saw some using extra spray adhesive. After experimenting with the tile I determined that making sure the wall was totally clean was sufficient. It’s been up for a little over 1,000 road miles with no separation at all.
2006 Mid Bath

Reply #8
Very nice! I've made new curtains to replace all of my old yellowed ones. I'm planning on making slip covers for the dinette and couch cushions. I will probably use a canvas or duck cloth in natural.  I want covers I can take off and wash periodically.  I was watching “Sailing Delos” on YouTube and I thought, I they can make their own sails, I should be able to make slip cushions.
😉
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Reply #9

"I've heard of some people using the peel and stick tiles and using an adhesive under them."

I put inexpensive self-stick vinyl floor tile on the wall of my midbath's kitchen area. (The original wallpaper was textured, and very hard to clean with anything short of a toothbrush.) This was a thin vinyl tile backed by a thin adhesive layer. I found that it didn't adhere well to a vertical surface (which of course it was never intended to do), so I ended up using Liquid Nails adhesive on each tile. That took care of the problem.

More recently, I added metal backsplash tile to the wall of my Airstream adjacent to the stove, because that (laminate-covered) wall was getting hot when I cooked for long periods. This tile has a thin metal layer over a PVC tile, backed by a foam self-adhesive layer. The adhesive foam ensures a firm grip even over slight surface irregularities. So far, it shows no sign of loosening, and when I had to remove a mis-positioned tile, I had a heck of a time scraping it off!

Moral: It All Depends. :-)

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #10
“It all depends”......I agree!
It looks like the product you used in the LD was more of a floor tile as you mentioned. There are quite a few “backsplash or wall” tile products like you used in the airstream that have a much more substantial backing and adhesive.
2006 Mid Bath

Reply #11
Right--as noted, I was using floor tile for a purpose it wasn't intended for, so I don't blame the tile. That said, it was quite inexpensive, and with the aid of Liquid Nails adhesive, it stayed up for as long as I owned the coach (quite a few years). The metal backsplash tile I put in my Airstream cost a lot more--it was definitely a deluxe product. But it's worth knowing that if you're on a tight budget, you can use cheap floor tile on a wall, just as long as you supplement its adhesive with your own.
Andy Baird

Reply #12
Andy, didn't you put plexiglas on wall next to your stove?  Maybe that was your previous LD.  How did it work?
Susie
2007 MB

Reply #13
    I tried 1/4” plexiglass on the wall next to my stove.  It warped with the heat. 
1994 22 LD, 2005 Midbath, 2016 Midbath

Reply #14
"Andy, didn't you put plexiglas on wall next to your stove?"

Must've been somebody else. No, in Gertie (my 1985 twin/king) I repainted the kitchen walls, but didn't cover them with anything. And in Skylark (my 2003 midbath), as mentioned, I covered the whole kitchen area with vinyl floor tile. I covered the stove area too, but it was far enough away from the burners that it didn't suffer any ill effects.
Andy Baird