Skip to main content
Topic: What’s inside here? (Read 462 times) previous topic - next topic
What’s inside here?
2017 mid bath model. Does anyone know what’s in the area below the oven, besides the propane detector? There is no outside access to this area.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: What’s inside here?
Reply #1
Greg, looks like you may be able to take both sliding drawers on the left of the oven and "peer" into the void!

Maybe?

Tony R. (aka codefour)
Tony R
2010 LD RB - Sold to another happy LD Family

Reply #2
Fresh water tank. 

There's quite a bit of space for running wires and such too. 

Rich

2003 MB

Reply #3
Gee Tony, why didn’t I think of that? It’s where the spiders live! Turns out, as Rich says, the freshwater tank is under there.  And just to the right of it is where the house batteries are stored.

I bought a couple of packages of Fresh Cab rodent repellent so that would probably be a good area to put some.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #4
I installed a built-in vacuum in that area. Pictures are here.

Opening up that area also gave me access to some of the wires that run from underneath the coach to the interior, including the tank level wiring (for a SeeLevel II install).

Mark H.
Former owner, 31-foot gas Class A
Former owner, 1997-8 mid-bath

Reply #5
The vacuum is kinda interesting. 120v I suppose. The ones on the Intervac web site show surface mount, but your pictures make me believe yours is behind the paneling.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #6
Don-

Yes, it was a flush-mount model, perhaps the older (but still available) InterVac F-120E.

Mark H.
Former owner, 31-foot gas Class A
Former owner, 1997-8 mid-bath

Reply #7
I’m thinking in the newer LD’s with vinyl flooring throughout (the newest Ford chassis even has vinyl in the cab), a dedicated vacuum wouldn’t get much use.  I wonder what else could be put in that space?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #8
Don't know the dimensions you may have available but how about a Wine Rack? :D  :D

Cheers!

Tony R. (aka codefour)
Tony R
2010 LD RB - Sold to another happy LD Family

Reply #9
Tony, I didn’t measure the space but think it’s not deep enough for that.  I like your thinking, though!  ;)
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #10
Don't know the dimensions you may have available but how about a Wine Rack? :D  :D

There isn't much room, certainly not for wine bottles.
Below is our 2003's added wine rack, located in a spot that LD had covered up and was not accessible.
Wine rack | Flickr

The MBs have room for an additional pantry. Greg's LD is new enough to still have the Factory doors available for building one.
Mid-bath pantry-Maple | Flickr

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #11
Larry, that is brilliant. I was wondering what I could put in that wasted space! Did you just cut into it from the front of the cabinet?

Harvey, the RV
1989 22' Front Lounge

Reply #12
I was wondering what I could put in that wasted space! Did you just cut into it from the front of the cabinet?

I removed the electrical receptacle, on the side of the table,  to see what was inside what was suspected was empty space. I the front 18" panel was then cut to expose the interior space.
The wiring needs to be tied back and secured before building out the interior of the cabinet. It was a good use of the limited interior space, the contents are used regularly.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #13
Thanks Larry. I did the same and looked in there. I was surprised to see all that empty space! I will tackle this project some day. Thanks for the inspiration. 🙏

Harvey, the RV
1989 22' Front Lounge