Skip to main content
Topic: Fantastic Vent fan won't run (Read 103 times) previous topic - next topic
Fantastic Vent fan won't run
Recently Maud joined the FOLD. She had a problem with her 2019 FFan. One YouTube video was aimed at the complexity of the fan controls. Evidently the new ones are even harder to operate than my 21 year old one. There are 4 ways to keep it from coming on! The Off switch off, OK that one is obvious. The In/Out switch has a mid position, unmarked that is also off, The temperature switch, not at coldest position, also not too obvious. Another is the rain sensor. Mine doesn't have it. I keep my lid open an inch or so while it is sitting in my driveway, and the dirt buildup over the years, most visible from the roof, is amazing. I don't know if the newer LD's come with the rain sensor, but apparently dirt can build up on the sensor and make the control board think that it is raining, so it won't turn on the fan. 
   I used to have to remove many screws to remove my inside screen, but years ago I converted to the snap in screen, and that makes everything easier to get to from inside. Both for cleaning and lid switch issues diagnosis.
   I found this YouTube that mentioned a defective fan motor. It would start if you gave it a spin, but often would just sit there when it should have been running. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5lbtt9JOWI
So Maud, in Taj Mahal, This could be the problem!     RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: Fantastic Vent fan won't run
Reply #2
Hi Joan.  Seems that water and resulting corrosion get into the lid switch and cause problems. There were a few entries in YouTube videos about that. I'm surprised that I haven't had this problem develop. But Kent did here: Fan-Tastic Vent Parts
   So that indeed could also be a problem.    RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB