Skip to main content
Topic: Weather Tracking (Read 316 times) previous topic - next topic
Weather Tracking
For those that like to track weather Weather Underground also tracks Coronavirus in the area of concern.

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Re: Weather Tracking
Reply #1
I like this site. To get your state just google it followed by “forecast discussion”.
Washington State Forecast Discussion
Discuss anything with anyone and disagree agreeably. Always be polite and respectful.

Reply #2
I second Sawyer's recommendation of the NWS Forecast Discussion.  See the previous post.

For those interested in California weather, check out climate scientist Daniel Swain's blog and Twitter feed (Weather West).  Daniel earned a PhD in Earth System Science from Standford in 2016.  He is now an assistant research scientist at the Institute of the Environment & Sustainability, University of California, Los Angeles.

Weather West
https://twitter.com/Weather_West
Daniel Swain – Institute of the Environment and Sustainability at UCLA

Jim

Jim & Sue
Formerly owned: 2011 27' MB, Sidra

Reply #3
I think being a meteorologist is one of the few jobs that you can do, be wrong every day of your career and still get paid.
When I look at weather, it seems to change almost as I gander at the forecast, leaving me to guess, just like the professionals.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #4
Another way to get forecast discussions thu weather.gov is to select a place,  select detailed forecast.  There is a link to forecast discussion.   I've found they are written by staff in the local office and there is some variation in the narratives among the writers.   Some are more descriptive than others.
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #5
Dark Sky might be a consideration for those with iOS toys:

Dark Sky for iOS

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #6
NOAA was my go to for a long time. Now, I just look out the window and see what the next hour or so offers.
And today that is rain mixed with a bit of wet snow.
Anything more than that is just speculation, and often wrong.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #7
George Carlin did a routine about weather.
He was Al Sleet, the hippy dippy weatherman.
His line was...Tonight's weather, dark, turning to widely scattered light in the morning.

Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #8
Many other countries  has been ahead of the USA for many years.    NOAA has been under funded for almost 20 years.    Weather forecasting has taken a very large hit.    In the USA one day maybe two is the best NOAA can do.    Europe can do  five to ten days routinely.    Like many things its all about the amount of $$$$ you are willing to toss at it.

I use Windy: Wind map & weather forecast a European company. 

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King