Skip to main content
Topic: Life With A Lazy Daze RV - R.I.P. (Read 776 times) previous topic - next topic
Life With A Lazy Daze RV - R.I.P.
As a reminder, our progenitor, the Yahoo online group Life With A Lazy Daze RV, will meet its demise on December 15 when Yahoo, Inc will shutter all Yahoo groups. I believe this Lazy Daze group incorporated in April 2000 and it served us mostly well until May 2016 when it was migrated to this platform and the new Lazy Daze Owners' Group. We were fortunate to have Steve and Michelle Cook volunteer to help with the migration, and although I am biased, I believe the transition went smoothly. Most all pertinent information and all messages were moved to LDOG. What was left behind was for the most part out of date.

LDOG was invigorated by the move and has continued to grow, especially considering the pandemic-influenced boom in RV sales. With an active membership on board, I expect LDOG will continue to grow. Now, if we could only light a fire under the Mothership production line. 🔥

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Life With A Lazy Daze RV - R.I.P.
Reply #1
As a new LD owner as of Aug. 2019 (whew, glad I bought before the pandemic!) I just want to say thank you to the members for the insane amount of help this forum has been for a RV newbie as well as the wealth of info from the archived Yahoo group. Appreciate everyone!
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Reply #3
It’s sad that people here don’t like taking pictures.  And how did coffee not make the list.  We want a recount!   
All joking aside the transition did go smoothly. And we all owe Michelle and Steve a big thanks. That Chris guy too.  
Thanks. 
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #4
It’s sad that people here don’t like taking pictures.  And how did coffee not make the list.  We want a recount!  

It would take quite awhile, but we probably could merge all the coffee posts into one big thread. 

And we'd break the Internet  ;D

Reply #5
VERY grateful to our moderators!
And to all the contributing owners who have learned the hard way....  :D
MJB
Marcia Boynton
2005 26.5 RK
Adrian and Northport, MI

Reply #6
It would take quite awhile, but we probably could merge all the coffee posts into one big thread. 

And we'd break the Internet  ;D
Naaa, that would be just another coffee thread.  but.....  naaaa

We can't crash the internet.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #9
"Some fun data..."

That is fun! But I'm not sure what the pencil and clock icons mean.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #10
"we all owe Michelle and Steve a big thanks. That Chris guy too."

And Larry and Judie! They've all done a terrific job, and are a big factor in this group's continuing success.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #12
I would like to read that sole post from 1970.  Then there is a gap to 2000.
AlphPup
 2001 TK “Dazi”

Reply #14
And remember this is just their part time job ! The Foretravel group forum is also run by Michelle and Steve in another "part" of their time. I’ve owned motorhomes since 1977, while owning SOB's and relying on the other groups make you really appreciate this asset. Big thanks to you both !
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.

Reply #15

Don’t think the internet was around in 1970 but I was only 13 then so what do I know?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #18
Company wide internet was there in the early 80s, at the company I was at.  We had our own software for that (custom to our company).  I trained people in our facility on how to do emails and connect with people in other facilities across the world. 
It was a real mind shift (e.g. Managers asking do they send the emails or do they have their secretaries do them as that was who did their correspondence).
Jane
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #19

I'm going to bet it's an artifact of the (many) Yahoo Group glitches over the years... 

I did try to find it, but wasn't successful, so likely an e-mailed reply in the middle of a thread where the poster's e-mail software had a bogus date in it.