Skip to main content
Topic: I have a date for delivery!!!!! (Read 420 times) previous topic - next topic
I have a date for delivery!!!!!
So excited and ready for this.  The pickup of my shiny new 2021 RB is slated for December 8/9.  I'm flying into Ontario airport on Monday, Dec 7; Orientation and walk through on Dec 8; then I get driven out of the state by an ICC driver on the morning of Dec 9, 2020. (saves me $1790...can buy lots of gas for that :) )

Going to Ehrenberg, AZ for the first stop of my trip back up to Michigan, where I'll get Bigfoot levelers installed, pick up my cats and pack up my stuff.  Then I hightail it out of there (hopefully without encountering any snow) and start my snowbird adventure.   8)

I'm choosing Ehrenberg, not Las Vegas because of the time of year.  Crossing Utah and Colorado in December is too iffy for me. I'm staying south as long as I can before I have to turn north.

And just as a reminder, I did order the driver assist package, along with backup camera and the fancy remote control mirrors.  I'll report back on the driver assist after I get some driving with it under my belt.

Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad

Re: I have a date for delivery!!!!!
Reply #1
Congrats, Linda, what a thrill!  😁. Can you also remind us when you got on the list?  And yes, any follow up on the performance of the new chassis is appreciated!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
I got on the list July 2018, but that was a bit early then.  Todd said he'd move me down the list until I was ready to order for my desired delivery date in September 2020.

Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad

Reply #3
Congratulations from another Michigander LD owner.
Glenn & Joan Lambert
Redford, MI
2017 27' Mid-Bath

Reply #4
Congratulations Linda so glad things are going your way.

If you need a stop over spot while your Bigfoot Levelers are being installed we are only 25 minutes from White Pigeon.  Still hoping to get the GLLD group going.  Maybe in the spring we can try for our first rally.

Theresa & Everett
Sand Castle (Theresa & Everett) Surfside
01'  26.5 Mid Bath,   2018 31IB
Michigan born and starting to explore the US with my  spouse and our furry friend. Enjoying joining LD group rallies.

Reply #5
Congratulations Linda so glad things are going your way.

If you need a stop over spot while your Bigfoot Levelers are being installed we are only 25 minutes from White Pigeon.  Still hoping to get the GLLD group going.  Maybe in the spring we can try for our first rally.

Theresa & Everett

Thanks  for the offer, Theresa.  Bigfoot has power hookups so installations can arrive in the evening for a 7am appointment. 
I'm looking forward to the GLLD get together. 
Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad

Reply #6
Congratulations Linda, I’m very happy for you 😃.
Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶

Reply #7
So excited and ready for this.  The pickup of my shiny new 2021 RB is slated for December 8/9.  I'm flying into Ontario airport on Monday, Dec 7; Orientation and walk through on Dec 8; then I get driven out of the state by an ICC driver on the morning of Dec 9, 2020. (saves me $1790...can buy lots of gas for that :) )

Going to Ehrenberg, AZ for the first stop of my trip back up to Michigan, where I'll get Bigfoot levelers installed, pick up my cats and pack up my stuff.  Then I hightail it out of there (hopefully without encountering any snow) and start my snowbird adventure.   8)

I'm choosing Ehrenberg, not Las Vegas because of the time of year.  Crossing Utah and Colorado in December is too iffy for me. I'm staying south as long as I can before I have to turn north.

And just as a reminder, I did order the driver assist package, along with backup camera and the fancy remote control mirrors.  I'll report back on the driver assist after I get some driving with it under my belt.

Awesome news! Did you choose any other options?
Sam

Reply #9
Re the 'electric mirrors'.   This time next year you may have changed 'fancy' to 'necessary'
 ;)   Joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #10
Wow! I am thrilled for you! Adventures await you. One day...

Cheers,
Julie
14 months on the waitlist...

Reply #11
Small suggestion -- When you get delivery only get maybe 5 to 10 gallons of gas at the nearest AM/PM.   Gas is much cheaper across the CA/AZ line.  You can also top off propane in AZ.   Yes it will be more expensive on the Interstate but you'll have both your gas and propane full.

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #12
We took delivery at the Flying J in Ehrenberg and topped out the propane and fuel tanks there. Then off to Michigan for the Jacks. Great trip!! Now back home in Florida starting all the enhancements to Villa Verde.
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #13
Mike, I'm hoping for good weather on my trip to Michigan.  Beginning of October vs December makes a big difference ;)
Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad