Skip to main content
Topic: Table between couches on a mid bath (Read 426 times) previous topic - next topic
Table between couches on a mid bath
Good afternoon all, was wondering if anyone had installed a removable table between the couches in a mid bath?
Thank you
? Mid Bath

Re: Table between couches on a mid bath
Reply #1
Good afternoon all, was wondering if anyone had installed a removable table between the couches in a mid bath?
Thank you
Welcome to LDOG, Tony. I hope you find an answer to your question. What year is your Mid Bath?

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
We use a 30 inch Lifetime folding table in our MB.  I think we paid about $20 for it 10 years ago at Costco.  The table works well for our needs.
Paul H.
Paul
2010 MB (2011-present)                                                                                        
1994 Multiplan (1997-2010)

Reply #3
"We use a 30 inch Lifetime folding table in our MB."
---
Paul, I have recently done the same in my TK; I removed the drop down table (now stored in the garage) and set up a 30" Lifetime table between the couches. I ordered a new 30" table for use in the LD because the older one has a burn spot on it, but after seeing the quality of the current table, I decided that the ugly spot could be covered.

The "newer" 30" Lifetime table is now about $50, the table is made in China, (the older 30" table I have was made in the U.S.), and the quality is less. The newer table has lighter-weight legs in a different configuration from the old one and the base is more narrow; the table is "tippy" and it wobbles. It's also more difficult to adjust the height; the spring mechanism is more cheaply-made. The cross bar no longer fits into holes in the metal channel supports on the sides of the table top; the cross bar now slides under the lighter-weight supports.

I don't know if all newer Lifetime products are more cheaply made, but the quality of the newer 30" Lifetime table was disappointing. I have three other Lifetime tables, and all are much better made than the one I just bought.

YMMV, as always.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
"Good afternoon all, was wondering if anyone had installed a removable table between the couches in a mid bath?"

Paul, this probably won't help your situation but it may help some people ordering Mid-Baths in the future.  When I ordered my 2017 Mid-Bath I had Lazy Daze install a table like the drop-down one I had had in the Twin-King.  I paid extra for this.  I love having the two tables.  I usually use the table on the front dinette for eating and food prepping and the back table for my laptop and projects, and on occasion as an extra dinette eating area.

Monica
2017 Mid-Bath
Monica
2017 MB

Reply #5
When I ordered my 2017 Mid-Bath I had Lazy Daze install a table like the drop-down one I had had in the Twin-King.  I paid extra for this.  I love having the two tables.  I usually use the table on the front dinette for eating and food prepping and the back table for my laptop and projects, and on occasion as an extra dinette eating area.

Monica
2017 Mid-Bath

Thanks Monica this is good to know. I thought a fold down table was included with Mid-Bath so this helps. I will be having one added also whenever we get to finally order our LD.

Cheers,
Julie
14 months on the waitlist...

Reply #6

We used this one for two years - heavy use and abuse and loved how it folded up easily and was very sturdy (hollow metal tubing). 
Amazon.com: Origami Laptop Trolley, Black: Home & Kitchen

We were fine with how long it lasted when compared to how we used it - heavy computer stuff on it, wheeled around a lot - for the price we paid.  Oh and it had wheels (optional use) which made it very easy to move around.  It is heavier but folded up easily and could be propped against a wall or laid on the floor on travel days. 

When it broke, we bought the same thing.  However the second one didn’t last and we returned it after a few months.  While it might have been a fluke, at that time we didn’t have the patience to try a replacement.  We tried a couple foldable camping tables but they were not stable/could not safely hold the weight of the computer equipment so for now we are using a non foldable table.
Jane

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #7
I really like the Lagun tables so want to ask Todd if that is a possibility as it may require extra blocking during the build. Has anyone done this before?

Welcome Lagun USA | Lagun USA
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #8
Our 94 mid bath came with a removeable table between the couches. The pocket is in the floor with a carpet covered plug inserted. The table and removable pedestal are stored in the closet. It's actually a pretty good set up and appears factory installed.

Jon
1994 MB

Reply #9
Our 2004  MB also came with a removable table stored in closet. I find it really nice to use for travel office area allowing the kitchen area to remain uncluttered.
2004 Mid Bath

Reply #11
"Ours is the 4ft adjustable height version that folds in half."
----
That one is part of my older "Lifetime" collection; very versatile table, and well made. The only Lifetime table I have issues with is the most recent addition to the herd; it's being used now as a cat brushing table - with the legs braced so it doesn't wobble when the cat hoists his old body up on it. The first time he went from his chair onto the table (chair and table are the same height; he's 14 and his jumping days are pretty much over), the table shifted sideways; I got the cat version of the "death stare". 
2003 TK has a new home