Skip to main content
Topic: New roof vent fan in 2003 RB (Read 220 times) previous topic - next topic
New roof vent fan in 2003 RB
Hi, I would like to install a Fantastic Fan model 2250 to replace the vent fan that is in the bathroom of my 2003 RB.  Is there any reason not to do this?  Would this fan model fit that opening? (It fits standard 14"x14" opening)
Thanks, Linda C
2003 RB “Lulu Boo Berry” The Blue Ghost
2008 Jeep Liberty “Mr. Toad”

Re: New roof vent fan in 2003 RB
Reply #1
Hi Linda, congratulations on your new (to you) rig.  I too decided to replace my bathroom vent fan and it is sitting in a box in my living room right now. A FF 'Create a Breeze 8000. model 1200 I bought off of EBay for $148, plus $15 shipping). Waiting for the rain to stop.
   It doesn't have thermostatic operation, and is only exhaust, which I believe is what Lazy Daze puts in now. It does have three speeds. On high it can exchange the volume of air in my TK bathroom in a second or so.
    Fantastic RV Roof Vent Fan Create a breeze 8000 1200 Fan-Tastic Vent Smoke |...
    Getting the old vent out is not a trivial task. The old one is actually glued in.  Take care up there on the roof.      RonB     edit, looks like the prices have gone down a bit.
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #2
In December 2002, the day after we brought our new LD home, the tiny Factory fan was removed and a Fantastic Fan installed. It is a direct replacement.
The hardest part is removing the old sealant .

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Our '04 was the first year LD installed a FF in the bathroom, but our '83 FL had the dinky one - and the wires were dinky too. When I replaced it with a FF, I ran power and ground wires over from the adjacent ceiling light fixture. If your wires are less than 16ga, I would recommend running new ones too.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #4
Hi Steve; when I get my old vent out of the way, I'll check the wiring to the bathroom vent, in my '99TK.  Power draw is pretty low, and I don't expect to run on high much.  I know the ceiling light just inches away has at least 14 ga. wiring.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB