Skip to main content
Topic: New Refrigerator Fuse Locations (Read 235 times) previous topic - next topic
New Refrigerator Fuse Locations
Does anyone know the fuse locations on a new Dometic refrigerator?  I have a 2672 with no ice maker and no fan.  And by new, I mean a 2020.  I bought it a week ago.  It worked fine on gas while driving home and on 110 at home for the past 24 hrs.  Then after driving 150 miles today, it was dead when reaching the campsite.  The control panel has no power; no lights.  I have 110 to the outlet and 13V to the inlet on the circuit board.  The 5 A fuse on the board is good.  But I cannot find the 3A fuse anywhere.  It's not on the board, but clearly shown on the circuit diagram.  So where is it?
Greg
2006 26.5' MB

Re: New Refrigerator Fuse Locations
Reply #1
I believe Kent knows where this fuse is - check with him.  (He blew one of those refrigerator fuses and I think it was the 3 Amp  one).
Jane
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #2
No idea what the newest Dometics use but every older one I have looked at have a 3 and 5-amp fuse on the refrigerator’s circuit board, mounted on the exterior side.
To access the fuses, the plastic cover needs to be remove.
When you say circuit diagram, it’s The one on the refrigerator, correct?
Did you check the refrigerator’s main fuse in the Power Center?

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Hi Larry, Greg H. said he had 110 VAC at the outlet that the 'fridge was plugged into. And 13 volts at the connection behind the 'fridge.
              Dometic DM Series Installation Manual (Page 35 of 44) | ManualsLib
page 35, drawing 64 shows the 3 Amp fuse designated 'B' at the lower left  and 'C' as the 5 Amp fuse in the middle left to right and at about 1/3 the way up from the bottom edge of the board.
    The two fuses may look different from each other.  Dometic may change their boards without notice, but isn't too likely. Dinosaur brand (replacement PC boards) retailers may be able to help, and are probably easier to reach.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #4
Good chance the board is bad, I have never seen either of the board’s fuses blown.
A Dinosaur board is a good choice for a replacement.
The refrigerator should still be under warranty,

Larry
Larry

Reply #5
Larry and Ron,

Yes, the circuit board diagram clearly shows both the 3 and 5 amp fuses. I just can’t find the 3 amp on the board itself.  Fuses typically are either the “old style” cylinders with silver metal at each end (like the 5amp is on the board) or the colored ones like on cars these days. But I see neither for the 3 amp.
Greg
2006 26.5' MB

Reply #6
What model Dometic refrigerator does your LD have? Does the the control board cover show a model number?

Larry
Larry

Reply #7
It’s a DM2672 with no fan and no ice maker.
Greg
2006 26.5' MB

Reply #8
I’m home now. So we’ll see what they say tomorrow at the shop.
Greg
2006 26.5' MB