Skip to main content
Topic: Just Stuck on LD (Read 295 times) previous topic - next topic
Just Stuck on LD
We just got home from an RV Dealership. We saw a River Run Forester 2021 2861DS. It had every bell and whistle that we wanted. BUT I got that gut feeling.  It just does not measure up quality wise.  
  I have my very own Lazy Daze stuck in my head.
Several reasons: I have this love of Southern California that has never ended. My parents were RVers living in the dessert for yrs and they traveled all over the West Coast. I am crazy about the idea of my very own Southern Cal build.
  I am reaching for the time and place in my past and I want to carry on my parents fantastic adventures with something made responsibly.
  I like the idea of this factory build.  I love the idea of where it is built and touring the place.
  I am not gonna bite on something that is not the quality of a LD Class C.
  I am getting into the Queue this week.
mar 🌴❤️🌺
Current 1 and only: 2003 LD Mid Bath 26.5
2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie TT
2011 Dutchman Colorado 32' TT
2011 iCamp 14' TT
1985 Coachman Catalina 32' RV

Re: Just Stuck on LD
Reply #1
We made the same decision two years ago and have not regretted it for a minute.  When we are home we count the days until we are back on the road in "Makana".  You will appreciate the quality build.  When we are traveling we are constantly asked by others about our rig.  Best of luck.

Randy
2018 31' TB

Reply #2
Something else Forest River can't provide -
a group like this one:  the FOLD aka the cult
 ;)
joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #3
Let's run the numbers on the  River Run Forester 2021 2861DS.   
length 30' 9' ft long
2 slid outs
GVWR 14500
Dry weight 12500
give ya 2000 pounds for ya stuff

sleeping cap 8 using FAA numbers that means 8*180 pds 1440 pounds
water cap 44 gals 352 pounds
gas tank 330 pounds
no number on propane guessing 10 gallons 42 pounds

After adding fuel and water ya got about 1400 pds for humans, food, and you other important gear.

My point is NOT to pick on this RV company but to point out the interior of any RV is maybe important but that's only the sizzle.  The meat is the muscle and bones of the RV.  For those ya got to look deeper.

glen

personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #6
We have been RVing for 12 years and have owned several Rvs. Over the years I believe the quality of RVs has plummeted. We just sold our 30ft Coachman and we were glad to get rid of the money pit. In the search for our next RV we stumbled across Lazy Daze. I began to notice how difficult it was to find a newer model which in turn told me owners were holding on to their units. That told me everything I needed to know. Needless to say, we are on the waitlist and are eagerly waiting our own Lazy Daze!

Cheers
Julie
14 months on the waitlist...