Skip to main content
Topic: Hello and help...desperately in search of a manual (Read 799 times) previous topic - next topic
Hello and help...desperately in search of a manual
Hi, there...we are looking to find a manual for our 1991 Chevy G30 LD 22'er.  Checked on internet and with manufacturer but they couldn't help us.  If anyone has any ideas or suggestions or, by some miracle, has one to sell...please contact us.
Thanks very much, Patti & Mark
1991 Chevy G30 LD 22'

Re: Hello and help...desperately in search of a manual
Reply #1
Hope you get a response. Not relevant, but do you know your floorplan? If not, describing your layout or posting pics would be helpful if you ever need specific advice from others in the future, because the manual has only general info - not specific to a floorplan.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
The manual might not be as useful as you think, even if you could find one.  It's wonderful if you're newer to RVing, but it's not detailed like a shop manual or anything. 

Is there a specific problem that you need help with?

Rich
2003 MB

Reply #3
The manual might not be as useful as you think, even if you could find one.  It's wonderful if you're newer to RVing, but it's not detailed like a shop manual or anything. 

Agree, while it is full of useful information, it does not have much specific information, such as wiring schematics, plumbing or propane line information or the location of the hidden circuit breaker.
An LD Owner's Manual that is ten or fifteen years newer would have most of the same information. Information pertaining to the operation of the appliances can be found online.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #4
I'll be scanning mine which is the 1995 one lmk if you want a copy, I found it helpful as a newbie, but like others mentioned it won't go crazy into detail as a car manual.

Do let us know if there is anything in particular you are looking for to help out!
1995 23.5 Rear Lounge

Reply #6
Patti and Mark, I also have a ‘91 22’ but with a rear lounge.  The Lazy Daze Owner’s Manual that was in it says 14th Edition, September, 1988. IDK if that is the one that actually came with it or if a previous owner purchased it? I will gladly scan and email it to you or copy and mail.  My old girl just passed inspection and didn’t need a thing.  I love her simplicity.  -Peggy
Not all who wander are lost...

1991 22' RL

Reply #7
Thanks so much, everyone!  We figured the manual is pretty basic but so are we!  We have a rear lounge floorpan and would still like to get out hands on a copy. 
1991 Chevy G30 LD 22'

Reply #8
Anyone that has a manual in digital form, how about scanning for the number of occurrences of 'tasteless water hose'. I am betting there are over 10 occurrences.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #9
I made a copy of the Lazy Daze Manual for my 1990 Multi-plan for a gentleman on the FB LD group.  I made an extra copy, but have not scanned it yet.  Let me know if you will need...PM your email, if so.
2005 RB

Reply #10
Hi All - another new member here looking for documentation... I realize I'm resurrecting a pretty old post but it seemed better than starting another (?)

We just bought an 1989 22ft multiplan on an 1988 Chev G30 chassis, 350/400 combo.  Not my first Lazy Daze but unlike the last, this one is missing the factory manual.  Among other things it has an issue with overcharging the house battery (got it home to find the battery had been boiling the whole way).  I did look through the files section but no luck.  

Hi Lisa T - your 1990 MP manual seems to be the closest to what I'm looking for, should match most everything but the engine info.  If you ever did scan it, I'd really appreciate a copy! 

If anyone else has email-able relevant files, that'd be awesome.

Thanks, Ruckus
1989 22ft multiplan on an 1988 Chev G30 chassis

Reply #11
Hi Ruckus; Welcome to the group,  with your '89 GM chassis!  I don't know anything about GM electrical systems.   I believe you only have one house battery and it is also under the hood, if I'm correct.     I modified your profile to show your present LD.  What LD did you have before?  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #12
Hi Ruckus,  I'm new here, I recently bought an older LD which is in amazingly good shape (interior literally looks brand new) but does need some TLC.  For your boiling battery, the first thing I'd check is the house battery itself.   While driving, the battery charge should be coming from the G30 van alternator so if only the house battery was boiling, in my experience it's likely that the boiling battery has a bad cell or something wrong with it.  

I have a 1995 26.5 (Ford Chassis) which is a few years newer but my manual has references to the 22' G30 Chevy Chassis models which were still available in 95. Let me know if there is anything I can look up or make a copy of that might help you? 
1995 26.5 Island Bed

Reply #13
I'm not sure if I have another copy or if it's in my computer.   The '90 is in California,  the computer is in Arizona,  I'm in Missouri and won't be back to Arizona until September.   I'll try to remember to look for it.
2005 RB

Reply #14
Hi Ruckus
I had an 85 MP on the G30. It had two 6 volt batteries in series on a sliding tray to the left of the entry door. I had a similar issue of boiling on a 5th wheel and I thought the inverter-charger was going out but it turned out to be the batteries. Like Mark said, this might be it.  Make you can check resting voltage and have it load tested.  Any markings on battery to say it's age?

Ramon
2000 Mid-Bath
2012 Lance 830 Truck Camper/2006 Cummins Dodge Ram Megacab
1985 Multi Plan - Donated to the American Breast Cancer Foundation.