Skip to main content
Topic: Removed kitchen blinds (Read 331 times) previous topic - next topic
Removed kitchen blinds
We have a 2010 27 MB. My wife was never to happy with the blinds. Bought a tension rod and two small curtain panels which she hemmed to size. Add a string of lights and good to go. Much more homey😀😀
2017 MB

Re: Removed kitchen blinds
Reply #1
Looks nice but the reason blinds are installed at that location is because of the close proximity of the stovetop and the possibility of the fabric catching fire.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
You got me🤪, very rarely use stove. Micro most of time.
2017 MB

Reply #3
My wife hated the metal blinds. I told her they wouldn't combust being near the stove. She then gave me "the look".

We now have roller shades :D
Steve
2003TK

Reply #4
We also have a tension rod, but with a single curtain panel.  When cooking, the curtain gets tucked behind the vent pipe in the corner near the sink. 

Works great for us and we like it much more than the original mini-blinds. 

Rich
2003 MB

Reply #5
We removed the blinds and I made a two panel curtain about 12 years ago.  When I cook, which is usually 2 - 3 times a day, I just move the right hand panel behind the metal flip-up stove top and have never had a problem.  We use the LD six months a year.  If you just practice safety, it should not be a problem.
2007 MB

Reply #6
Our metal mini shades will remain, having any flammable materials near open flames is too big an unnecessary risk.
Removable curtains are OK but require being diligent them removing it EVERY time the stove is used.
Swell, another task that could be avoided by keeping the Factory metal shades.
Keeping the daily tasks simple and safe is my goal...KISS.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #7

Keeping the daily tasks simple and safe is my goal...KISS.

Larry

Jill and I are the type that usually end up adapting and liking what we get whether it be our house or RV. I repair and keep stuff working, very very seldom do I ever replace something that is still working.  We are all different.
Steve and Jill, Steve posting
1999 26.5 Mid-Bath