Skip to main content
Topic: Horizon Awning Left Side Cover (Read 187 times) previous topic - next topic
Horizon Awning Left Side Cover
I need a replacement left-side awning cover for my 2003 MB (it fell off somewhere). The Horizon manual I have does not have part numbers or even a serial number for the awning itself.

A Google search led me to this part from RV Parts Country.

Would any of you know if this is the correct part?

Thanks!
My wheels:
2003 MB
2012 Jeep Liberty

Re: Horizon Awning Left Side Cover
Reply #1
I may have figured it out. I found a Horizon parts list. The parts are based on the length of the awing. I measured just the fabric of the awning which came to 13 ft 11 in. With both end caps included I bumped up the size to 15 ft to find the part numbers.

It looks as though I need part #777014.002 which resolves to Dometic (Horizon) 3312800.000B OEM Left Hand Outer Awning Cover - White.

If I'm going in the wrong direction, please let me know. :-)
My wheels:
2003 MB
2012 Jeep Liberty

Reply #2
Have you located a model and serial number on the awning itself?  That is what is usually needed to buy parts.
BTW, your 2003 originally came with a Fiamma awning, your LD's awning appears to have been changed.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Where would the number be located?
My wheels:
2003 MB
2012 Jeep Liberty

Reply #4
Where would the number be located?

Not being familiar with Horizon awnings, I would guess inside the cover somewhere.
In the Fiammas, it's located inside the cover, on the right side.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
Deb,

Have you considered replacing your awning with a “Shade Sail”?  I’ve been intrigued by the idea based on posts from and conversations with forum members...

Warren

Shade Sail
Warren
2019 MB “Dream Catcher”
Jeep Wrangler JL

Reply #6
Deb,

Have you considered replacing your awning with a “Shade Sail”?  I’ve been intrigued by the idea based on posts from and conversations with forum members...

Warren

Shade Sail

Thanks for the suggestion Warren,

A shade sail is not on my radar at this time. The awning "as is" works for me. I am kind of interested in getting a shade screen similar to this.

If you get a shade awning, please do show it off and I might be convinced to change my mind. :-)

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
My wheels:
2003 MB
2012 Jeep Liberty

Reply #7
"I am kind of interested in getting a shade screen..."

Whoa Debbie, save yourself $183 and make your own. I did!

Go to a Home Improvement Store, and look for Garden Cloth or Shade Cloth. It's the stuff that nurseries use to provide shade for their plants that do not like full sun.

In addition to the amount of the shade cloth you will also need a packet or two of appropriately sized grommets. You can make seam around the edges of your screen by folding over a 1/4 or 1/2 inch and sealing it with a hot glue gun. then take your hammer and insert however many grommets you desire at the corners, etc.  It's really a simple project! To hang it you will need a special device from Camping World or others that slides into the track in your awning and has hooks to suspend the screen by way of the grommets you installed.   ;D   ;)

Amazon.com: 5 Pcs RV Awning Hooks Clothes Hanger Replacement, Awning...
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #8
I need a replacement left-side awning cover for my 2003 MB (it fell off somewhere). The Horizon manual I have does not have part numbers or even a serial number for the awning itself.

A Google search led me to this part from RV Parts Country.

Would any of you know if this is the correct part?

Thanks!

I spent a lot of time this weekend looking for the right side one, the one that covers the hook/crank that we turn.  Mine is working good still too. The paperwork that came with my LD says Horizon A&E. Seems I could find left side black and white ones but not the right.      I did eventually come across something on this site that showed where the model number for the Fiamma is, I need to see if my Horizon has it there.       I did come to the conclusion that getting the model number of the awning and calling the manufacturer might be what is needed.   
Also think I found out that even though these older LD's have Dometic Horizon A&E awnings they were actually made by Fiamma.
Steve and Jill, Steve posting
1999 26.5 Mid-Bath