Skip to main content
Topic: All's Well That Ends Well... (Read 241 times) previous topic - next topic
All's Well That Ends Well...
I would be remiss if I didn't follow up and thank everyone for their support, words of advice, etc... regarding the recent break-in of my Lazy Daze at my storage facility.  Your understanding and kind words meant so very much to me - especially in these uncertain times.

Tomorrow, I pick up my Lazy Daze from Bogart RV in Las Cruces and all of the damage has been repaired.  Previous to the break-in, I had the RV checked over and serviced.  After I pick up the Lazy Daze, I have an appointment at Discount Tire where I'm going to have six new Michelin Agilis CrossClimate tires installed and have them use the "best old tire" as my spare.  I was able to get four tires manufactured in week 22 and two in week 24 of 2020. 

After speaking with several people, I finally got to speak with the "right" person at The Hartford where my home, auto, and RV are insured.  The insurance company covered all of the electronics that were stolen (back-up camera monitor, GPS, TPMS monitor, XM radio, etc... under my auto policy.  As an added courtesy, they even waived my $500 deductible.  Yes, I realize I might see a future rate increase. 

I'm planning on meeting a small group outside of Flagstaff to boon-dock, and then hopefully I'll travel on to Oregon/Washington to meet a Escapee Boomer friend.  I'm a member of both the Elk's and Moose lodges and although not all of the lodges are open, the majority of the RV parks are.  I'm leaning toward "not" taking my tow car as I don't plan on eating out and/or doing sightseeing.  I've gone grocery shopping for staples so I won't need to frequent places for supplies.  Basically, I'll just need to get fuel, dump my tanks and take on water periodically, and go shopping if my "wine" supply gets low.   ;)

Many, many years ago I saw a painting that I wish I had purchased.  It had a figure and the caption was "the golden dome of protection."  I feel like I'm part of a "family" and under "that golden dome of protection" if something goes awry.  So, thank you all for your comments/kindness/opinions - more than you'll ever know. 

Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Re: All's Well That Ends Well...
Reply #1
I would be remiss if I didn't follow up and thank everyone for their support, words of advice, etc... regarding my recent break-in of my Lazy Daze at my storage facility.  Your understanding and kind words meant so very much to me - especially in these uncertain times.

Tomorrow, I pick up my Lazy Daze from Bogart RV in Las Cruces and all of the damage has been repaired.  Previous to the break-in, I had the RV checked over and serviced.  After I pick up the Lazy Daze, I have an appointment at Discount Tire where I'm going to have six new Michelin Agilis CrossClimate tires installed and have them use the "best old tire" as my spare.  I was able to get four tires manufactured in week 22 and two in week 24 of 2020. 

After speaking with several people, I finally got to speak with the "right" person at The Hartford where my home, auto, and RV are insured.  The insurance company covered all of the electronics that were stolen (back-up camera monitor, GPS, TPMS monitor, XM radio, etc... under my auto policy.  As an added courtesy, they even waived my $500 deductible.  Yes, I realize I might see a future rate increase. 

I'm planning on meeting a small group outside of Flagstaff to boon-dock, and then hopefully I'll travel on to Oregon/Washington to meet a Escapee Boomer friend.  I'm a member of both the Elk's and Moose lodges and although not all of the lodges are open, the majority of the RV parks are.  I'm leaning toward "not" taking my tow car as I don't plan on eating out and/or doing sightseeing.  I've gone grocery shopping for staples so I won't need to frequent places for supplies.  Basically, I'll just need to get fuel, dump my tanks and take on water periodically, and go shopping if my "wine" supply gets low.  ;)

Many, many years ago I saw a painting that I wish I had purchased.  It had a figure and the caption was "the golden dome of protection."  I feel like I'm part of a "family" and under "that golden dome of protection" if something goes awry.  So, thank you all for your comments/kindness/opinions - more than you'll ever know. 

🍀
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Thanks for the update, and safe travels Cheryl
joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #3
Glad to hear you will be back on the road and insurance took care of you. Brighter roads ahead.
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.