Skip to main content
Topic: Record model/serial numbers now (Read 281 times) previous topic - next topic
Record model/serial numbers now
In watching this forum, I have noted that now is the best time to record and/or take pictures of model numbers, serial numbers, labels, etc, while they can still be read.  I shouldn't wait until I need those numbers for repairs because they may be illegible.

Without my LD here, I have seen need to record the Fiamma awning label and fan belt sizes for future reference.

Does anyone else know of other labels that will be lost to time that I may want to record?

Linda
Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad

Re: Record model/serial numbers now
Reply #1
I'm probably missing something in your request, but, as far as I know, the many of the "numbers and labels" for your new rig will be in the Lazy Daze manual you'll receive (if you haven't already) a few weeks before delivery, and at delivery, you will get a Ford manual and packet of literature/manuals (and registration forms) for all of the appliances and equipment and whatnot that are in/on your LD.

The LD manual details most, if not all, of the operations of the coach, the Ford manual provides the chassis information, and the appliance and equipment, e.g., solar, TV, detectors, LPG, etc., manuals fill in many (not all) of any "blanks" which might be left out. The Ford chassis also has several labels and numbers on the driver's side door jamb and on the front of the engine. You will be awash in labels and numbers!  ;)

I'm not sure if this answers what you asked, but others may provide additional suggestions.

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Joan,
I have received the manual, but it just lists the brand name of the components LD proposes to put into my rig.  I already know the fans are not the ones that are talked about in the manual

What I'm talking about is the labels with serial numbers and model numbers, such as the one that WestLiketheDirection was trying to read off his awning to be able to order the correct repair parts.

I suppose I should just look at every component and record this information when I receive Lidia, but I never even thought about a label on the awning.  And I saw a post a while back from I think Larry, that said you should record the numbers on the fan belts while they're still legible so they can be replaced in the field by someone who doesn't have a Ford catalog handy.

I was asking if anyone could think of other hidden labels or numbers I should look for that would be handy to record before they fade into oblivion.

Linda
Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad

Reply #3
Linda,

One label you may want to make a note of, if you haven’t done so already, is the Lazy Daze manufacturer “Certification” sticker on the side of your coach.

On our 2015 RB, the sticker is mounted on the drivers side of the coach just rearward of the drivers door. It’s on the coach body and not on the Ford body.

I give credit to RonB or Joel at this years Morro Bay Get Together for reminding me of the sticker. I still need to glue down one edge of the sticker. Probably in the documentation from the factory as well.

Here’s an image of ours.

Stay safe.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #4
Joan,
I have received the manual, but it just lists the brand name of the components LD proposes to put into my rig.  I already know the fans are not the ones that are talked about in the manual

What I'm talking about is the labels with serial numbers and model numbers, such as the one that WestLiketheDirection was trying to read off his awning to be able to order the correct repair parts.

I suppose I should just look at every component and record this information when I receive Lidia, but I never even thought about a label on the awning.  And I saw a post a while back from I think Larry, that said you should record the numbers on the fan belts while they're still legible so they can be replaced in the field by someone who doesn't have a Ford catalog handy.

I was asking if anyone could think of other hidden labels or numbers I should look for that would be handy to record before they fade into oblivion.

Linda

Linda, in addition to the LD manual, which you already have, you will receive all the manuals and technical spec sheets for all the mechanical components/appliances, etc., in the LD. I have 2 large 3-ring binders which hold each document in an Avery 3-holed Sheet Protector, and they are alphabetized and labeled on the front with a black Sharpie. After 18 years, they still are very useful and I refer to them frequently when researching a component in the LD. So, I say to you, not to worry. When you get your LD you will have plenty of time to organize and/or track down labels and numbers. Some of the provided documents don't include model and/or serial #s. Early on I wrote those #s on the fronts of the documents so as to have them handy if needed and visible through the sheet protector. I will try to post a photo or 2 of these binders.

Chris

Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #5
Linda, I did what you are talking about on my last RV, including the awning. After many years, things like the water heater especially can lose their identifying info. Recommend you also take a photo of the weights tag on the driver door jamb, and the VIN tag.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #6
Thanks to all who have replied.  I'm just agonizing over the wait.  I'm ready to retire and get on the road.  I have always been the type of person who studies everything I can get my hands on to prepare for what I'm doing, thus my decision to buy a Lazy Daze RV and my silly questions.

I'm sure I'll be in hog heaven when I finally get my LD.  The actual culmination of years of wait and preparation and so much more to pour over and actually do!

Y'all are the best. Just bear with me because I'm sure I'll be back for many more questions.

LindaB
56 days to retirement and about 4 months to LD
Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad

Reply #7
Your questions are not silly; thoughtful preparation involves asking questions and getting input and answers, and can speed your progress along the learning curve. A lot of what's murky and/or "speculative" at this point will clear up when the rig is delivered and you have time to connect the dots. The real thing will generate more questions!  ;)  Ask away!

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
"I have always been the type of person who studies everything I can get my hands on to prepare..."

Glad to hear that, I thought I was a fish without a school!   ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #9
As part of my record keeping, I take photos with my iPhone then save them to my Lazy Daze file (which is backed up).  This has worked for me as we keep our rig stored about 45 minutes away from home.

Bill
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #10
As part of my record keeping, I take photos with my iPhone then save them to my Lazy Daze file (which is backed up).  This has worked for me as we keep our rig stored about 45 minutes away from home.

Bill
A good idea, Bill. To expand on that record keeping function, I open drawers, cupboards, storage compartments, etc. and snap a phone photo. In case of theft, accident or fire loss I have a record of the "contents" which will please the insurance company.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #11
Thanks to all who have replied.  I'm just agonizing over the wait.  I'm ready to retire and get on the road.  I have always been the type of person who studies everything I can get my hands on to prepare for what I'm doing, thus my decision to buy a Lazy Daze RV and my silly questions.

I'm sure I'll be in hog heaven when I finally get my LD.  The actual culmination of years of wait and preparation and so much more to pour over and actually do!

Y'all are the best. Just bear with me because I'm sure I'll be back for many more questions.

LindaB
56 days to retirement and about 4 months to LD

Tom Petty said it well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #12
Linda,
I second Chris H's recommendation about the 3 ring binders. We bought our LD used, the original owner had made these. Since ours is an '01 the notebooks included any updates or changes that had been made thru the years. We have kept them up and they have been very helpful. If we add anything or change it we put the new manuals in the note books in page protector pockets. It isn't a full maintenance record but at least we know what systems we have.  Now that I think about it maybe we should take pictures of serial numbers and put those in the notebooks too.
Theresa
Sand Castle (Theresa & Everett) Surfside
01'  26.5 Mid Bath,   2018 31IB
Michigan born and starting to explore the US with my  spouse and our furry friend. Enjoying joining LD group rallies.

Reply #13
Linda,  you will collect and save a LOT of information on your L.D. and all of its components.   We have the L.D. binder AND use a vinyl  multi-pocket *file* that is secured with a square of velcro.   I labeled each pocket according to the manual/appliance.    Smoke alarm, microwave, water pump, fridge.   It's all in there.  In addition, when I read on the forum of a helpful hint,  a potential problem, etc., I make copious notes, usually print out the posting, and made notes to myself and that's included in the multi-pocket file with the manual/instructions.   I feel rather clever when something comes up and I can pull out a solution like a magician with a rabbit. ;)
 I send very special thanks to all those who have shared their experiences with the forum.   I try to learn from them.

JuliW
Minden, NV
Juli W.
Former owner 1994 mid bath,  2006 26.5'rear bath