Skip to main content
Topic: Cab Blanket (Read 170 times) previous topic - next topic
Cab Blanket
A few weeks ago I posted a question about how folks with the entertainment center attach a blanket to ward off the cold/heat from the cab.

I decided on using an extendable shower curtain then I used spring clips to attach the blanket.  Just used this method for a week and it worked

2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Re: Cab Blanket
Reply #1
"...then I used spring clips to attach the blanket."

Wow, that's as good as any I've seen. But unfortunately I do not have the strength in my hands for those spring clips. I know because I have a set, large to small.

I might take your idea one step further... attach a row of grommets along the upper end of the blanket and use ordinary shower hangers to suspend the blanket, how about?   ;)

Like these, at any hardware store:  Shower Curtain Ring Set - Bathroom
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
this passed the “spouse” test so I was happy.
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #4

Steve,

If clips or clamps are too stiff or difficult to compress and the cover/divider is single purpose, perhaps several strips of Velcro can be stapled to its leading edge.

The Velcro can be pressed together or released very easily.

Some staplers are power assist. Amazon.com : Swingline Electric Stapler, Compact, Half Strip, 20 Sheet...

I use my stapler for all kids of projects. Velcro doesn’t stick to fabric for long but a couple of staples will convince it to stay in place.

Kent

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #5
"...perhaps something like this would work for you?"

Wish I'd known about those before I bought the ones I have, oh so many years ago!

I also liked the Velcro method although I'd probably go for Dual Lock instead of the regular stuff and the staples would insure a good bond.  ;D

Buy 3M™ Dual Lock™, VELCRO® Brand Hook & Loop | iTapeStore
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!