Skip to main content
Topic: Installing 30 Amp outlet at your home; good instructional video (Read 163 times) previous topic - next topic
Installing 30 Amp outlet at your home; good instructional video
This subject comes up several times a year.  I recently came across this YouTube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiV8YYgakPo
by a young couple.  Their channel is called Fate Unbound.  Based on this comprehensive, understandable video, I suspect their other videos will be enjoyable.
Remember, if you are not comfortable working with electricity that can kill you, or burn down your house, then get a licensed electrician to do the installation work.  However, not every electrician will be knowledgeable about RV electrical, so make sure she/he is familiar with 30 Amp 120 VOLT outlets.  If they try to "correct" you and say, "oh, you want 30 Amp, 240 volt", then seek another electrician.
Harvey

Re: Installing 30 Amp outlet at your home; good instructional video
Reply #1
We'll be "mooch docking" at my daughter's next week, and she just hired an electrician for the same install, $170 all in.  Don't know if that's a good price or not, but it sure will be nice to run the A/C!
Don
'07 26.5 Rear Bath
‘18 Coachman Leprechaun
‘10 Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel

Re: Installing 30 Amp outlet at your home; good instructional video
Reply #3
While it is very nice to install 30-amp at home, 90% of LD owners are not qualified to do so, if not done right, something as small as reversing two wires, could cause someone to die.
Installing requires opening up an electrical panel, adding a new 30-amp breaker and running fresh wires to the new plug's location, doing so according to your local electrical code.

$170 for an installation doesn't sound bad, not knowing the details. Some installations will cost more than that just for the materials.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze