Skip to main content
Topic: Sewer Hose Fitting Question (Read 140 times) previous topic - next topic
Sewer Hose Fitting Question
The campground I will be going to requires a sewer hose fitting for the sewer at the RV site.  I have the Lazy Daze hose.  What will work for that hose which does not have anything at the end?  I haven't needed this before but will be camping with my two young adult granddaughters and we will be using lots of water so I want to use the sewer on site.  Thank you for any recommendations.

Monica
Monica
2017 MB

Re: Sewer Hose Fitting Question
Reply #1
The campground I will be going to requires a sewer hose fitting for the sewer at the RV site.  I have the Lazy Daze hose.  What will work for that hose which does not have anything at the end?  I haven't needed this before but will be camping with my two young adult granddaughters and we will be using lots of water so I want to use the sewer on site.  Thank you for any recommendations.
Several places we've been require an air-tight connection to the sewer (usually a county or state law).  A few places won't even allow the sewer hose to lay on the ground (it must be supported somehow).  Most parks have one of the following: a 4" unthreaded sewer pipe, a 4" threaded sewer connector or a 3" threaded connector.  For most of the time we were in our LD, we used the Prest-O-Fit sewer hose products.
Blueline RV Sanitation – RV Sewer Hoses, RV Sewer Fittings, Supports and...
With the threaded sewer adapter off, the sewer hose fit into the LD's sewer hose storage.  For places with an unthreaded sewer connection a rubber adapter (typically call a "doughnut") can be used.
Sewer Doughnut

HTH,
Art
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #2
Valterra offers an extensive line of sewer hoses and fittings, but Art's suggestion of the Presto-Fit couplers might be a better choice because I don't know if the new style "E-Z Coupler" hoses and pre-attached end fittings are too large to slide into the sewer hose tube in the LD.

Sewer Fitting Archives - Valterra.com

EZ Coupler Bayonet Sewer Hose Kit, 10′, Boxed - Valterra.com

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
"Most parks have one of the following: a 4" unthreaded sewer pipe, a 4" threaded sewer connector or a 3" threaded connector."

Most parks have a small (or large) convenience store that carries items such as that. If the owner has any business acumen he will provide a good selection of RV related items for his customers and will recommend the appropriate type of connector.  ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #4
Thank you, Joan, for your recommendations.

Thank you Steve, but the convenience store at the campground where I'm going to in NY is not open because of the pandemic. Restrooms and amenities like pools are likewise closed.   Campgrounds in NJ are still closed.

Monica
Monica
2017 MB