Skip to main content
Topic: Driver’s window dropped down (Read 187 times) previous topic - next topic
Driver’s window dropped down
When I attempted to open the power window the motor came on but the window instantly dropped down to the lowest open position. It won’t go back up. How do we remove the door panel and what do we look for inside?
It’s a good thing we’re in the dry season. The bad thing is we’re in the desert for the summer.
Karen
2003 MB

Re: Driver’s window dropped down
Reply #1
It can't be fixed - the cable broke and the window drive assembly must be replaced. The door panel comes off with a series of screws and snaps, then you peel back the water barrier and unplug the motor. Find a piece of wood you can jam against the bottom of the window once you push it back up, and that will keep you secure until you can replace the mechanism or have it done. You should be able to find online directions for removing the door panel.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #4
Not sure if I posted my last message. Just wanted to thank Steve and Joan for the info but we decided to take it to our mechanic. It’ll save our neighbors from needing ear plugs to silence our not so nice language.
Karen

Reply #5
A broken power window drive is another possible problem that can arise in older LDs.
It must be a combination of age and use related, all the four reported here, all were in older LDs, always on the driver's side.
Our 2003 LD broke its DS power window drive about three years ago, Steve's 2004 window broke a few months later.

Replacing E-450 window regulator...

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze