Skip to main content
Topic: One families experience  (Read 203 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Quarantine Pollyanna

Re: One families experience
Reply #1
Nice read about an alternative lifestyle with kids.  Not to mention the pandemic.
Thanks.
Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #2
Thanks for the link.  Much of what she wrote resonates with us.  We had most of our winter and spring all planned out when this situation started to unfold.  By mid March we came to the conclusion that we should find a place to hunker down for a while.  We ended up in an RV park in the nice town of Cortez, Colorado.  We got here the day before the governor started a stay-at-home order for the state.  It is small enough to have nice folks, but large enough to have a good variety of services.  We look to be here until late June, then move over to a park near Durango.  We've been pretty much "house bound" and are looking forward to some easing of travel restrictions and maybe the opening of some access to national parks.  We are very near Mesa Verde, but can't even drive through for roadside viewing and photography.  :'(

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #3
I read the linked story this morning with my coffee, the Wash Post is our home paper.  I thought cool, I'll post the link.  I was to slow.

My wife retired at the end of January.  In Dec we were packing and getting the house ready to sell.  The plan was to sell with the spring market, climb into the Lazy Daze and go find a place we would like to live.  Brake away from the rat race and high cost that come with any megacity (the area from Richmond to well north of Baltimore is really one large city now).  Starting with a lazy journey to the South West visiting friends, family and fun places along the way.  Well it took longer for us to pack than we thought and as the virus spread to hit more and more people then becoming a pandemic we decided to put our plans on hold. We live near Washington DC in Northern Virginia, an area hit relatively hard.  We have access to good health care and good grocery stores so we have been lucky with our choice.

You guys stay safe, healthy, and happy
Hope to see you on the road in the not to distant future.
John and Gina
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath