Skip to main content
Topic: Has anyone reupholstered the dinning sofa cushions (Read 227 times) previous topic - next topic
Has anyone reupholstered the dinning sofa cushions
Hi everyone, we have a 1984 and we are looking for a recommendation for an upholstery to do the work for the 2 back and 2 seat cushions that at the sides of our table where we eat? Anyone had that done before? It’s held up a long time and we’ve put it off long enough, by chance if you’ve had it done all ready how much did just those four cushions cost on a 23 ft LD?  Thanks so much for your help, we are not interested in doing it ourselves.
Thank you for all your help and we miss you all

Re: Has anyone reupholstered the dinning sofa cushions
Reply #1
I had mine done a few years ago.  I thought the upholsterer did a good job, and I thought we had picked a good fabric.  Well, after several years of use, the fabric is "pilling", showing little clumps of material.  In hindsight, I now know I could have bought new cushions from the factory at not much more than it cost me for the foam, the fabric and the labor.  If memory serves, I paid $1000 for new foam and fabric for the dinette, and another $500 for new foam in the back on the couch.

Ken F in NM
'08 MB

Reply #2
Thank you so much for your help, I thought maybe if I took it to LD it would cost more and I may have more of a problem finding fabric from the 80S to match the rest of the covering that we were not changing. I’ll let you know how it goes and we really do appreciate your response. Keep on Rving and stay healthy

Reply #3
Mama, the factory can send you fabric samples.  When I looked for matching fabric for my '08, I had no luck - zero.  I tried a number of different fabric places, including sending photos.  If you decide to get new from the factory, they should be able to ship to you without need for you to go there.

Ken F in NM
'08 MB