Skip to main content
Topic: My first winter living in the LD (Read 183 times) previous topic - next topic
My first winter living in the LD
I decided to take the plunge last October and move from my abode into my 2018 TK.  I'm still working and it was a little tough finding the right place to live but that has all worked out well.  I have full hookups in a mostly rural and quiet area about 45 minutes from Atlanta.  I have learned many things and have reorganized too many times to count, but for the most part I can say I love living full-time in the RV.  First thing I changed was the shower wand (terrible), but I found one on Amazon that works great.  I was able to unscrew the original wand and screw in the new one.  I didn't have to do anything else and it even fit into the existing holder on the shower wall.  Of course there are a few things I would change if I could.  I think a single large sink would be better than the double sinks.  I cook a lot and some of my pans don't fit well in the small sinks for washing.  And what wouldn't I give for just a little more counter space!  There are countless times that I have referred to this forum for answers to my questions on electrical issues, heating my space, organizing tips, etc.  Some of you have no idea how much I smiled to myself when one of you solved a problem for me (virtual thank you).  One of the best suggestions over the winter when the weather was near or below freezing (not often) was to have a small electric space heater or two.  It saved me a lot of propane when it was too cold for the main heat to run.  I have finally learned to move the TV back to its pushed in position before I walk around after hitting my head too many times to count.  I work at home several days a week and have figured out getting seamless internet that I will be able to travel with once I stop working in the next year or so.  Then the real fun begins as I take to the road to really see this beautiful country.  So, a big thank you, especially to those with years of experience for helping me through this past six months.  I've been eyeing Andy's plans for building out the pantry and may even plunge into that one of these days.  Stay well!

Re: My first winter living in the LD
Reply #1
I decided to take the plunge last October and move from my abode into my 2018 TK.  I'm still working and it was a little tough finding the right place to live but that has all worked out well.  I have full hookups in a mostly rural and quiet area about 45 minutes from Atlanta.  I have learned many things and have reorganized too many times to count, but for the most part I can say I love living full-time in the RV.  First thing I changed was the shower wand (terrible), but I found one on Amazon that works great.  I was able to unscrew the original wand and screw in the new one.  I didn't have to do anything else and it even fit into the existing holder on the shower wall.  Of course there are a few things I would change if I could.  I think a single large sink would be better than the double sinks.  I cook a lot and some of my pans don't fit well in the small sinks for washing.  And what wouldn't I give for just a little more counter space!  There are countless times that I have referred to this forum for answers to my questions on electrical issues, heating my space, organizing tips, etc.  Some of you have no idea how much I smiled to myself when one of you solved a problem for me (virtual thank you).  One of the best suggestions over the winter when the weather was near or below freezing (not often) was to have a small electric space heater or two.  It saved me a lot of propane when it was too cold for the main heat to run.  I have finally learned to move the TV back to its pushed in position before I walk around after hitting my head too many times to count.  I work at home several days a week and have figured out getting seamless internet that I will be able to travel with once I stop working in the next year or so.  Then the real fun begins as I take to the road to really see this beautiful country.  So, a big thank you, especially to those with years of experience for helping me through this past six months.  I've been eyeing Andy's plans for building out the pantry and may even plunge into that one of these days.  Stay well!

Thank you for sharing your full time experience with us. The generous folks on this forum are here to help.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB