Skip to main content
Topic: Valterra Waste Valve Replacement (Read 198 times) previous topic - next topic
Valterra Waste Valve Replacement
The cap for my waste valve was missing when I stopped at the dump station close to home after my last trip.  I'm going to replace the cap, but would like to get a spare valve assembly to have on hand too.  etrailer has a Valterra  T68 that looks like a replacement for mine.  I also found a post within the forum that recommended a Valterra Ell Double Rotating Valve that Amazon has.  It looks like either will work, but wonder if someone with a similar vintage front lounge to mine has replaced theirs recently, and if so, with what valve?  Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bill

Bill
2003 -- 23' FL

Re: Valterra Waste Valve Replacement
Reply #1
I also found a post within the forum that recommended a Valterra Ell Double Rotating Valve that Amazon has.  It looks like either will work, but wonder if someone with a similar vintage front lounge to mine has replaced theirs recently, and if so, with what valve?

Our 2003 FL uses standard Valterra slide valves, a 3" and 1-1/2".
I replaced them a few years ago when they were getting hard to operate and was concerned about them breaking.
The manifold is a separate piece that is reusable unless it has been hit and damaged.
Valterra 3" Slide Valve with Gate Seals | Camping World
Valterra 1-1/2" Gray Water Waste Valve Body | Camping World
The caps are available individually at ost RV stores.

The old valves, once cleaned and lubed are still usable and are carried as spares. The valves can be replaced individually without total disassembly.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
For our ‘15 RB, I ordered the entire valve and connected Parts as a whole. Knowing how sneaky rocks, curbs and CG barricades can be, I wanted to have the complete assembly just in case.

I purchased it from the Mothership two years ago for $26. It’s bubble wrapped and stored in the rig.

Good to know I got the correct assembly.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #3
"Knowing how sneaky rocks, curbs and CG barricades can be, I wanted to have the complete assembly just in case."

Kent & Larry,

Yes, this is what I was thinking about.  I know we're all mindful about this possibility, but accidents do happen.  For that reason, and for the difference in price for a complete assembly, or the two valves slides and the cap, I'd rather have it all and take parts from the assembly if necessary.  I'll give the mothership a call next week and see if they have one. 

Thank you both for your replies!

Bill

Bill
2003 -- 23' FL