Skip to main content
Topic: Metallic Gray Exterior Paint (Read 152 times) previous topic - next topic
Metallic Gray Exterior Paint
We are trying to give new life to a 2004 mid-bath.  The trim paint color on the exterior is the LD two tone metallic gray.  Cardinal Paint....at least to our knowledge.  Has anybody had any great success cleaning up that metallic paint?  After a lot of effort on my husband’s part, the white gloss looks good, but the metallic is sending him into frustration mode. 

Thanks,
Jo Anne
2004 Mid-Bath

Re: Metallic Gray Exterior Paint
Reply #1
We are trying to give new life to a 2004 mid-bath.  The trim paint color on the exterior is the LD two tone metallic gray.  Cardinal Paint....at least to our knowledge.  Has anybody had any great success cleaning up that metallic paint?  After a lot of effort on my husband’s part, the white gloss looks good, but the metallic is sending him into frustration mode. 

Tell your husband to relax and forget about it, Other than repainting the stripes, there isn't anything to be done, the silver is the worse color for fading.
Only garage stored LDs of your vintage and color look good.
Repainting the stripes is a possibility, the white usually holds up for a long time, having no pigments that weather and fade.
On the positive side, you paid a lot less than what a new LD cost, faded paint is part of the package.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: Metallic Gray Exterior Paint
Reply #2
Yes, that is true, and we didn’t wait a year and a half to get it which the factory told me this week is the current wait time.  Just thought maybe somebody out there had found a magic potion.  Of course the way things are going, and the predictions being made, we may only have it in our driveway anyway.

Thanks,
Jo Anne
2004 Mid-Bath