Skip to main content
Topic: On Demand Water heater, Camplux review, in a Pandemic (Read 162 times) previous topic - next topic
On Demand Water heater, Camplux review, in a Pandemic
So as a Full timer and hunkered down in an RV Park but don't want to use the public showers (Pandemic) , I had a Camplux 1.5 liter On Demand Water heater I bought for my Hot Dog Cart. (Cannot be in business because nation wide shut down)   Heater was $119.00 on Amazon.
  I moved it into my rv.  Water from the garden hose (brought in through a window) , it  hooks it up to any propane tank with regulator, will give you all the hot water you want for as long a shower or anything, without having to heat your 8 gal tank and take a lousy on and off weak shower.
This was Paradise.  Although there were some Issues.
The Connections to and from the heater must be really Tight, they provide some wrenches for this, with the white tape they provide or water will leak Everywhere. It did. I didnt care!  (but I live in the desert, it will dry in no time)  I needed  water pressure,  a HOT water shower for as long as I wanted. Outside showers, this is no big deal.
2. The Set up pamphlet they provide is basically useless and you can throw it away with the box, and use your own instincts. It's a mess.
3. An on and off control valve at the Water Intake is Not provided for US customers but for some reason Is for Canadian customers,  so you need to get this, so when you turn on your hose, you have control at the heater itself.  Optional, or you have to turn on and off at the Hose Source. Also a source of leaks.
3. The Shower head came off with pressure, and , well, you're in the shower and with pressure cant put it back on, so you might be showering with just a hose, can be fixed after First Shower or before hand.
4. Open your Grey tank to release because having a Hot Shower as you want  will fill your tank in No time, if you've gone without like I can often do, or if you are two people.
The Lazy Daze 1987 for some reason has a really roomy shower I used to use for Storage. In the Pandemic I didn't want to use the public showers that are only cleaned once a week in my RV park and used by everyone going in and out of a gas station.
I had to make some adjustments. It is a hassle to move things in and out of the shower- to take a shower, and bring a propane tank inside.
The Camplux is only about 12 x 9 and 5 depth so now it lives in the bathroom on a hook, just the garden hose and propane tank needs to be moved, a hassle, but my own, and no Public bathrooms.
I have NO affiliate with this product, I'm just a lady who likes a good long Hot shower in my own safe space.

1987 LD New Mexico