Skip to main content
Topic: Cab Carpeting (Read 377 times) previous topic - next topic
Cab Carpeting
We purchased an LD of the vintage (2004 mid bath) where they were carpeting the cab area.  Has anyone ever attempted on their own to take that carpeting out and update it with a different carpet or fabric?  If you have, would love to hear about your experience. 

Thank you,
Jo Anne
2004 Mid-Bath

Re: Cab Carpeting
Reply #1
The carpet can be removed with a bit of work, installed in LD's usual semi-permanent way.
It is glued, possibly stapled and secured on some edges by the plastic trim. The doghouse's carpet is glued on with contact cement.
When removing the old carpet, keep it intact to use a template for the new carpet.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
I had all of the carpeting removed in the cab and overhead when I remodeled the rig.  It was very well glued and took about 1/2 day from my upholsterer to remove and replace.  I had him use marine grade carpeting as it has thoroughly sealed waterproof backing.  It looks great, but not a job I have the skills to do.

Reply #3
Parrusky, I noticed the nicely edged and fitted window insulators. Did you cut and finish them?
Steve
2003TK

Reply #4
You have a good set of eyes.  Living in Tucson, you need to keep sun out.  I bought a roll of reflectix from amazon and cut a set of window shades and had my upholsterer put binding on the edges.  They stay in place by tucking under the top frame and sitting on the door handle ledge.  They worked so well that I am making window blinds for all 4 big side windows as well. 

I use a covercraft screen for the windshield.  I have found them to be excellently made, fit perfectly, and fold up nicely.   By using the windshield cover and two side screens, no one can look into the cab.  

Reply #5
Parusky, that would also keep my dog from seeing out and barking.  Great idea, never thought of just making them.
2006 Mid Bath