Skip to main content
Topic: Sewer Hose (Read 231 times) previous topic - next topic
Sewer Hose
When I bought my Lazy Daze it came with several sewer hoses, and I do not really know what to do with the one in the attached picture. It seems to be a very good quality, and it probably also fits into the small hose compartment above the valves - but it cannot be connected to any other hoses that I have.

What kind of hose is this? Can it be combined with something good, or can I throw it away without regretting it later?

Klaus

2001 26.5 Mid-Bath

Re: Sewer Hose
Reply #1
Klaus,
Because I often pull a trailer, I am sometimes too far from the sewer opening in back-in campsites and I had to buy another hose just to use as an extension.
I would pull those ends off, throw them away, and buy an two ends that mate to the Lazy Daze and the hose you have.  If you ever need an extension, you can put the extension on the Lazy Daze and put your regular hose at the end of the extension to connect to the sewer opening.

That's my opinion...
Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #2
"Can it be combined with something good,...?"

One hope, by cutting off those non-standard fittings, you can then purchase 'screw-on' fittings (Camping World & others). The new ones just twist onto the spiral spring of the hose body.  ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3

Thanks for the replies. I found the hose on the Amazon website. It's a "Camco Self Clamping Hose" Amazon.com: Camco Gray 15' Durable High Tensile Strength Vinyl Sewer Steel..., and I assume I could connect the "Camco Twist Connect Kit" Amazon.com: Camco Twist Connect Kit Sewer Fitting - Allows for Quick and... to it.

However, whenever anything is connected it will probably not anymore fit into the hose compartment of the Lazy Daze (which, I think, has a ridiculously narrow opening).

Klaus

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2001 26.5 Mid-Bath

Reply #4
Our sewer hose has only one fitting, one that fits the dump valve. The other end of the hose is normally left bare.
If needing to add an extension hose or an air tight fitting, as many RV parks require when continuously connected to the sewer, a screw on fitting, as mentioned by Steve, is used.
Buy a heavy duty hose for the longest life, cheap hose are, well cheap and fail much sooner.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze