Skip to main content
Topic: PSA (Read 416 times) previous topic - next topic
PSA
A few days ago my wife Elizabeth broke her ankle stepping out of our RV.   She was in the process of getting that last beautiful desert sunset near JTNP.  
Lesson .... Be careful stepping on the stairs on exit. 

Glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Re: PSA
Reply #1
Glen,

So sorry for your wife. I’ve taken a few nasty ankle bites myself getting into the coach.

All my best wishes for her speedy recovery.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
"Be careful stepping on the stairs on exit."

My late wife felt far more comfortable turning around and exiting backwards, using the handholds. Now in my later years I find myself doing that very same thing. It's comparable to going up and down a ladder!   ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
"Be careful stepping on the stairs on exit."

My late wife felt far more comfortable turning around and exiting backwards, using the handholds. Now in my later years I find myself doing that very same thing. It's comparable to going up and down a ladder!   ::)

Indeed, add me to the "ladder" brigade.  Going in I will often set items on the floor/slide them into the kitchen, & then pick them up once inside, with the reverse sequence for exiting backwards, which keeps my feet on stable surfaces/hands on the handholds.

Here's hoping for a speedy/uneventful recovery for your wife, Glen, & restoration of equilibrium to you both (for it's never the patient alone who goes through such storms).

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #4
Glen, sorry to hear about your wife. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

We have some friends who, at the time, had a class A with an electric step. The step failed to deploy one time and the wife, who was carrying a cake, took a bad tumble.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
I always hold onto something substantial exiting. It occurred to me that, as a solo traveler, I'd better be careful. I'm with Lynne on setting things on the floor and then getting in. Those objects also discourage the cats from exiting.

-Judy
Judy Dewey
2003 26' RK

Reply #6
Warning... Nasty x-ray ahead
The combination of ld stairs and sunsets led to this......

Quoting LB ..."go big or go home"
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #7
Warning... Nasty x-ray ahead
The combination of ld stairs and sunsets led to this......
Quoting LB ..."go big or go home"

Ooooh! That had to hurt.
Nice break, she is going to have a heck of a time getting through airport inspections.
We hope Liz heals quickly and has no complications.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #8
A physician's letter will take care of these situations at airports or other security locations.

Aad
2001 MB