Skip to main content
Topic: Code 32 on Onan 4kyfa26100k generator fix (Read 159 times) previous topic - next topic
Code 32 on Onan 4kyfa26100k generator fix
Just wanted to post a code 32 fix I did to my Onan generator. 

First of all it was my fault for letting the oil get low.  Because of that the gen wouldn't work.
I changed the oil and spark plug. Cleaned positive and negative connections with electronic cleaner. But it still didn't work. I noticed the flywheel wasn't moving. I tried to turn it with my hand but it still didn't move. Next, I used a 9/16 wrench on the flywheel center bolt. That made it turn and it reset the pistons. The gen started started up on the first try.

Just wanted to share my fix.
2004 Mid-Bath

Re: Code 32 on Onan 4kyfa26100k generator fix
Reply #1
Just wanted to post a code 32 fix I did to my Onan generator. 

First of all it was my fault for letting the oil get low.  Because of that the gen wouldn't work.
I changed the oil and spark plug. Cleaned positive and negative connections with electronic cleaner. But it still didn't work. I noticed the flywheel wasn't moving. I tried to turn it with my hand but it still didn't move. Next, I used a 9/16 wrench on the flywheel center bolt. That made it turn and it reset the pistons. The gen started started up on the first try.

Just wanted to share my fix.
Thanks for sharing your genset fix and welcome to Lazy Daze Owners' Group. What year and model Lazy Daze do you have?

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Thank you. I have a 2004 26.5 MB. We live in Wisconsin but travel a lot to Florida.
2004 Mid-Bath

Reply #3
Also wanted to add it was important to disconnect the battery to the terminals on the generator. That helped reset the code.
2004 Mid-Bath