Skip to main content
Topic: Non-member Classified Listings for 2020 (Read 14614 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: Non-member Classified Listings for 2020
Reply #50
I have communicated with one forum member about this rig and read copies of emails sent between him and the owner.
The LD looks clean, inside and out but it has 101,000 miles on it.
It has towed a Honda CRV for an unknown amount of miles. The tires and batteries are recent .
Little mention was made about engine or coach maintenance, both of which will need major service at this age and mileage.
The engine may be good for another 150,000 miles but the transmission could go another 50,000 or die tomorrow, towing wears the transmission the out at a much faster rate. And there are a lot of other parts that may need replacing at this mileage.
Without a mechanical inspection, it's tough to say what shape it's in  An owner will tell you it's in 'top shape', no matter what .

It looks nice and there isn't a lot of available stock out there,  $40K is too much.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #51
I agree with all the above but everyone seems to want a newer model....negotiate the price down 10k...then any repairs are alot cheaper than a new one....
2017 Casita Spirit Deluxe
2016 Twin King 24ft
2017 Casita Independence Dlx
2004 Midbath 26.5

Reply #52
"An owner will tell you it's in 'top shape', no matter what ."
---
And, if there are factual errors in the ad (Ed pointed out two, and there may be others; I didn't look closely at the ad), all the more reason to be cautious. I understand 'smoke-blowing' and general BS from a dealer who knows little or nothing about Lazy Dazes, but I expect an LD owner to know his/her rig and produce an accurate listing of features and 'warts'. However, ultimately, the onus is on a buyer to do all the homework and research to avoid getting snookered.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #54
Tired of waiting for a new unit? Almost new 2019 TK located in Acton, CA. Very tempting . . .2019 Lazy Daze Twin King - rvs - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

Greg
Here's your chance to rejoin the fold.

Larry
Larry

Reply #55
Wonder why after just getting the LD they are now selling?
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #56
Wonder why after just getting the LD they are now selling?

I e-mailed the seller and asked that question. They want to get a smaller RV (van type).
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #57
Greg
Here's your chance to rejoin the fold.

As I said, tempting but we are targeting a 27’ model. We may end up going used though if the right one at the right time comes along. Can you buy an RV and keep socially distant? 🤔
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: 2021 Models and Pricing
Reply #58
I am curious if anyone tracked down information on if the new 2021 engine will allow a heavier Toad vehicle?
I know there was speculation about this, and it has been confirmed the G.C.W.R. stayed at 22,000, but was there any changes on toad weights?
Or is the tongue weight of the towed vehicle the only thing that is of concern?

Jane
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #59
I am curious if anyone tracked down information on if the new 2021 engine will allow a heavier Toad vehicle?
I know there was speculation about this, and it has been confirmed the G.C.W.R. stayed at 22,000, but was there any changes on toad weights?
Or is the tongue weight of the towed vehicle the only thing that is of concern?

While the 2021 E450 will have a more powerful engine, it's is the combination of the whole chassis that determines GVW and the GCVR.
The brakes and frame appear to be the same as the V10 models.
An 2021 E450, with a full load of 14,500-lbs, can pull up to a 7500-lb toad......on paper.
Altitude decreases this rating.  Quoted below from 2019 E450 Owner's Manual.
"Note: For high altitude operation, reduce the gross combined weight by 2% per 1,000 ft (300 m) starting at the 1,000 ft (300 m) elevation point."
The West has quite a few passes at or over 10,000', do the math. A practical 7500-lb toad is a dream, 4000-lbs is more realistic.

The bumper is only rated to 4000-lbs, it needs reinforcing to the bumper and hitch to pull weights over this.
Tongue weight usually isn't a concern for a toad, only half the weight of the towbar is carried on the hitch..

Larry
Larry

Reply #60
An update. Just got off the phone with Todd to check my status. I got on the list in mid-August and am slowly moving up.
Production is still happening but the showroom and sales office are closed for obvious reasons. Production crew is able to remain socially distant while working so I was glad to hear that.

They are having a little trouble sourcing some material but the main hang up is getting the Ford chassis. Glad I’m not in a hurry!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #61
Greg,
Thanks for the update.  I’m about one week (Aug 21st) behind you on the list.  Did Todd give you any idea as to when your name might come up?  Also, did Todd say anything about people canceling due to COVID-19?

Thanks,
John
Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶

Reply #62
Hi John,
No specifics on a timeline. It all depends on how many people decide to follow through, of course.  Didn't discuss reasons that people ahead of us may cancel.

I actually told Todd that I would like to wait until next year and asked him if I could get on next year's list but he said that at the rate it's going, it probably wouldn't be until next year anyway so I decided to stay on the list.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #63
Thanks Larry.
Jane
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #64
1983 Multi plan, 22’, brown, 101 K miles. In Prescott Valley, AZ. He won’t take less than $5000.

Reply #67
"...way overpriced for a 15 year old rig..."
---
If this 2006 is in stellar condition with every maintenance and service point done (from the Ford schedule and beyond), and components, e.g., converter, charger, solar system (I see one panel?) upgraded, no body or paint dings or fade, tires in good shape, etc., a reasonable selling price would be around $35k, possibly even a bit higher if the rig's condition warrants that. $49k is wishful thinking, IMO, but one never knows. It would be interesting to find out what this rig finally sells for, but those figures seem to be as scarce as unicorns.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #69
For those looking for a project for next to nothing down:1978 Lazy Daze*19 FT - rvs - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

This rig will probably soon be parked in an industrial zone near you, another in the increasing population of IVFs (involuntary full-timers). 
We keep getting more of them.

Larry
Larry

Reply #70
This rig will probably soon be parked in an industrial zone near you, another in the increasing population of IVFs (involuntary full-timers). 
We keep getting more of them.

Reminds me of that very first episode of Bosch. I tried to find the thread from a few years back to look at the photo of the old LD in that opening scene but my search skills are sadly lacking.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #71
Reminds me of that very first episode of Bosch. I tried to find the thread from a few years back to look at the photo of the old LD in that opening scene but my search skills are sadly lacking.

TV Lazy Daze - From Bosch Season 3, Episode 1

Open the thread and scroll down.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #73
2001 Lazy Daze 26.5 Mid Bath in San Diego, CA.

The notes say this was recently reduced and that it's been on the market for a few months, which I think is somewhat unusual? Reason for selling: "purchased a sprinter van."
--Looking for a 2007 or newer MB or FD--