Skip to main content
Topic: Non-member Classified Listings for 2020 (Read 14619 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: Non-member Classified Listings for 2020
Reply #100
Hi all,

I'm considering a 30' LD, and I have a question.  Are the 30'ers allowed in most state and National Parks?  I'm going to want to be a park camper and want to make sure this rig will be allowed in.

Thanks for your help on this.

Erika
LD wannabee
2005 31' Island Bed

Reply #101
Erika,

Perhaps this YouTube video can help answer some of your concerns.

https://youtu.be/-dB8OE2VJak

A quick look at the NPS info for YOSEMITE Valley (I use rec.gov) reveals the site length limitation per site. Clicking on any site will enable you to enter a filter for camp site searches. Upper Pines, for example, shows that there are 100 campsites that will fit a 30’ rig.

An important consideration for any campground reservation is to book the site as far ahead as possible. Wait too long and there is a greater likelihood that there will be no sites available for a 30’ rig. Longer sites go quickly especially when you consider that many Class A rigs will be booking these sites early.

As an example, the window for YOSEMITE Valley-Upper Pines for November 1-15 opened yesterday (the 15th of every month for a site reservation 6 months out). As of today, most of the sites have been booked. National Parks tend to go quickly, especially YOSEMITE. 

Good luck with your LD hunt.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #102
The posting of the 2015 TK was taken down a few days after being listed; apparently it was sold, as many good condition LD's seem to sell quickly. 

Gary
2007 30' TB

Reply #104
Yes, that’s a Lazy Daze.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #106
Lynn & Lori - 2007 in Seattle sold as well :(. We keep missing them!

Reply #107
That person with the Gray MB facebook ad said "been in business since 1969".  Try 1957 for slide in campers. Class C was an innovation, a slide in without the truck bed.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: 2021 Models and Pricing
Reply #108
{I think we can assume that since any model ordered now will be delivered in 2021, thus we are seeing 2021 prices.}

It was Ford, not Lazy Daze that jumped over the 2020 model with their newly updated 2021 E450. So there will not be any 2020 LD coaches. The model year of the LD uses the Ford chassis model year. Todd said we should receive our 2021 coach sometime this summer depending when the 2021 chassis arrives.
    Going by our experience of joining the waiting list in January '19 (or maybe Feb.), then receiving our order package on the 19th of Dec., and  If the chassis we specified (with the Ford options we wanted) is delivered sometime in Jan. 2020, that falls in line with what Todd said about the coach delivery timeframe. This also will have to take into account how many other orders are ahead of us. I know of one other person (a LD friend) that received his order package at the same time as ours. It will happen when it does. In the meantime I have a lot of projects to complete (maybe) before I can think about flying to CA.

Mike, how has the pandemic affected your original timeline?  Any recent news from LD?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #109
Mike, how has the pandemic affected your original timeline?  Any recent news from LD?

I just put my name on the waiting list last week.
Vicky said up to 18 months for the entire process.
2021 Mid Bath

Reply #110
I just put my name on the waiting list last week.
Vicky said up to 18 months for the entire process.

Congrats! RB model?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #112
The Colorado 09 sold within hours of posting so that one isn’t available but there is a 26.5 rear bath that just posted in MD for anyone on the east coast! 

Used 2004 LAZY DAZE 26 1/2 Motor Home Class C at Beckleys RVs | Thurmont, MD...

More pics, and a lower price on their e-bay ad ... E-bay item # 233623158277

:)

2004 LAZY DAZE LAZY DAZE | eBay
2006 RB
2017 MB
LD alumni

Reply #114
The rare "fiberglass roof" model?  ???

With "European style caravan seating"...whatever that is.

Once again, ads written by someone without a clue.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #118
Lazy Daze is small potatoes to Ford I guess.

Chris

Not to mention the big RV manufacturers. Take a number, please!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #119
CAUTION --- "Greese Spots"!  Must have been from a Goose!   :o   ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #120
Well in November those tires will be an actual 7 years old. Good enough to drive to the nearest tire shop to get new ones. Seven tires at $250 each.  Overall, not too bad a shape. Needs a bit of TLC, and updating. A fiberglass roof; must not have gone up there to actually look at it.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #122
We were first given a”Sometime this summer “ delivery time when signing the order last December. Now that has been changed to maybe September or October.  We are to be given a month’s warning for a pick up date.  The unit is now under construction.
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #123
I ordered a 2 weeks after Mike.  My chassis got stuck in the covid shutdown.  All the autos closed for two months and resumed manufacturing on May 18.  Last word I had was my chassis is somewhere between Avon, OH and the dealer that LD gets its chassis from.  ETA at the dealer is July 10.  Then they'll start my RB's production.  Todd didn't give me an updated delivery estimate, but I'm sure it will be delayed at least two months from my original September delivery guesstimate.

There were probably shut downs of other equipment manufacturers too.  I'm wondering if LD can do some construction of the interior elements without a chassis to put them on. 

I'm hoping for a call for a Christmas present from Montclair.

Linda
Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad

Reply #124
Mike and Linda, will you be picking up your new Lazy Daze at the factory?

Lynn
2017 Mid Bath