Skip to main content
Topic: Do the LDs have a black tank flush system? (Read 230 times) previous topic - next topic
Do the LDs have a black tank flush system?
I'm not seeing any mention of a black tank flush on the LD. I know LD is known for keeping it simple, but I think being able to hook a hose up from the outside of the rig to help flush the black tank is essential.
Have an awesome day!
Dan - on list for a 31' IB White/Sliver

Re: Does the LDs have a black tank flush system?
Reply #1

LD does not come equipped with the flush system you, most likely, have in mind. However, there are aftermarket systems that can be installed through the tank wall that will perform well. Others here have installed them and seem pleased with the results.

Personally, I use a Flush King adapter that mounts to the Black/Gray Tank outlet and the sewer line connects to the opposite end of the Flush King. Amazon.com : Valterra Flush King 45 Degree Reverse Flush Valve Attachment...

The Flush King has an input for a water hose that allows the Black/Gray Tank to be back flushed. It is not designed to scrub the tank walls but it does help remove sediment and particulates remaining after the initial dump.

I’ve had good success with the Flush King but will eventually (upon returning home) run a spray nozzle down the toilet to scrub the walls of the tank.

Hope this helps.

Kent

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2

I planned to install one on my  31 IB,  until I took a look.  The forward tank wall is flush with the left rear wheel well, and the inboard wall abuts the frame.    Not a lot of working room there.  This is what I use:
Camco swivel flush wand
I cut about 3" off the 3/4"  PVC so it fits in the crate with the sewer hose.

I bought two of the flushers:  Camco Tornado flusher five years ago. They're still in the garage.

YMMV
joel

Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #3
We simply fill the black tank with water after dumping and dump again.  We have never had any problems with this procedure.  A clear hose attachment helps to know when the black tank is running clear.
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #4
This is my re-post from a past similar thread:
All the motorhomes I have had I have installed the Camco-40123-Quickie-Flush-Preventer which is a non-rotary in tank spray nozzle. I tried the rotary one Camco makes but the spinning sprayer broke off after a while. Others had this same problem with the rotary sprayer. I added a few more small spray holes to the fixed spray nozzle and added three additional stainless mounting screws to the flange attached to the tank.  I am also fortunate to have the Rear Bath where I can just look down through the toilet into the black tank to see the true level of the water. No guessing required. This system has worked well for many years. I have a ball valve attached to the end of the dedicated water hose for quick-connect attaching to the flush inlet for controlling the water flow into the tank.  I have posted photos of the installation in my LD Forum photo album: "Coachmans Enhancements to Monty."   I turn on thee sprayer while dumping, then close the dump valve and let the tank partially fill again and dump again. Sometimes maybe three times until the water (viewed through the clear plastic adapter attached to the dump nozzle) runs clear. 
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #6

This flexible wand works well for flushing the black tank, particularly if there's a 'straight shot' into the tank from the toilet, i.e., in a TK; I don't know how the flexible wand would work for other toilet/tank configurations.

Amazon.com: Valterra Gray A01-0187VP Flexible Tank Wand-40: Automotive

The wand also works well to flush the grey tank; I dump the tank, remove the dump hose and hold it under the outlet, then shove the wand into the tank to flush out any residue. This operation can be done with minimal spillage.

YMMV, as ever.

2003 TK has a new home

Re: Do the LDs have a black tank flush system?
Reply #7
I installed the Camco flushers in our 2003's holding tanks when it was new, adding a two-way flush control valve and quick disconnect hose system.
We use it regularly and it has worked well for all the years with only the annual summertime enzyme treatment helping to keep the flushers clean and flowing.
Holding tank flusher | Flickr

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze