Skip to main content
Topic: Doing business (Read 431 times) previous topic - next topic
Doing business
Ok, I'm no means an expert but I was wondering if this is the new way of doing business about purchasing a new LD? Direct deposit or cash only?  We were given these two option twice now by two different sellers. Please advise.  
If not I, who?

Re: Doing business
Reply #1
I'm confused.  Two different sellers for a new Lazy Daze?  As far as I know there is only one place you can buy a new one?
Hi, I'm Jo!
My little red wagon is a 1997 23.5 TK

Reply #2
*New* Lazy Daze are sold factory-direct only. The OP may mean ‘new to him’? Maybe the OP will clarify?
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
You call the factory to get on the waiting list.   4-5 months later the factory calls back and asks for a down payment.   At this time you fill out the purchase order that specifies  exactly what you want including the options.  About a year later the rig is complete and you are told what day to show up and pay the balance due.    The waiting times given are approximate.   Frank
plan B - 2023 Travato

Reply #4
None of the LDs were new. Sorry I wasn't clear. Individuals selling their LD to the public. By "new" I meant the new way of doing business. No one wants a bank check. Its either direct deposit or cash now.
If not I, who?

Reply #5
None of the LDs were new. Sorry I wasn't clear. Individuals selling their LD to the public. By "new" I meant the new way of doing business. No one wants a bank check. Its either direct deposit or cash now.

Lazy Daze Inc is big on cash. 💰

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #6
"Its either direct deposit or cash now."
----
If I were selling my rig, those two payment methods would be what I would accept. Depending on the circumstances and the buyers, I might go with an escrow account, but with a service selected by me, not the buyer.  While I think that many people, buyers and sellers, are honest and ethical, many are not; the payment method that protects both parties most effectively is the way to go.

As ever, YMMV.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #7
There is something about meeting up with someone I don't know with a wad of $60K cash or so that makes me uncomfortable.  ;)
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #8
"no one wants a bank check"  - why not?  I used one.  LD likes cash...  who would walk around with that much cash?    Am I missing something?  Maybe fake checks.  I'm trying to stay current in the New World.    Frank
plan B - 2023 Travato

Reply #10
We are picking up our new 31IB on December 20 and they told us to bring cashiers check - no personal checks - no credit cards.
2019  31 IB

Reply #11
I'm a big proponent of crypto currency. Bitcoin in particular.
The advantages are many in a world changing daily.
Security the best reason.

I bought my Laze Daze from the original owners.
When we made the deal I went with them to their bank and wired the money into their account.
They had the title notarized at their bank making it easier to transfer over to me.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #12
The last time we sold a high-value item (classic car), we specified green cash, and the buyer would meet us at our bank to do the deal. The bank counted the cash while we all watched, and they deposited it directly in our account. The buyer got the keys and paperwork, and we all left happy.

I would not consider any other arrangement when selling an expensive item to a stranger. An honest buyer would have no objection to doing this. Requiring cash weeds out the flakes and scammers.
fu
2015TK

Reply #13
Thank you everyone. I think both parties meeting at the bank after viewing and driving the LD is an excellent idea. Then you can wire the money into their account is great instead of walking around with $$$. Great idea!
If not I, who?

Reply #14
Private sale, if the buyer wants to pay by cashier's check, Craigs List recommends that you accompany the buyer to his or her bank so you can observe the banker preparing the cashier's check and giving it to you.  This is the surest way to avoid receiving a counterfeit cashier's check.

Reply #15
Private sale, if the buyer wants to pay by cashier's check, Craigs List recommends that you accompany the buyer to his or her bank so you can observe the banker preparing the cashier's check and giving it to you.  This is the surest way to avoid receiving a counterfeit cashier's check.
Unless they go to the extent of setting up a fake 'bank'  ala the betting parlor in The Sting.   That would be extreme.
 ;)
Merry Turkey day
Joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE