Skip to main content
Topic: Winterizing Lesson Learned (Read 237 times) previous topic - next topic
Winterizing Lesson Learned
Our very first Lazy Daze lesson (fortunately a cheap one) - we just winterized using pink RV antifreeze and it was taking a bit more fluid than expected. Went out to double check the water heater - turns out the pressure relief valve had inadvertently been left open (gushing antifreeze onto our gravel driveway)......ooops!  ;)

2018 Mid-Bath Beatrix (bringer of joy)

Re: Winterizing Lesson
Reply #1
Ooooohhhh. I had my first winterization with our LD last week. I used the compressed air method. Went smooth but I didn’t not have adequate towels and big enough pan to handle all the excess water from the pump when I initially disconnected it. Spilled some water but got it cleaned up. I poured some rv antifreeze down the drains and in the water pump debris bowl 
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Re: Winterizing Lesson Learned
Reply #2
Our very first Lazy Daze lesson (fortunately a cheap one) - we just winterized using pink RV antifreeze and it was taking a bit more fluid than expected. Went out to double check the water heater - turns out the pressure relief valve had inadvertently been left open (gushing antifreeze onto our gravel driveway)......ooops!  ;)
Most people that use the RV antifreeze would change the valves on the inlet/outlet fittings so the antifreeze is diverted around the water heater tank, and gets the antifreeze to the hot faucets on the sinks and tub ( and it wouldn't matter if the relief valve is open).
2005 Jayco 24SS

Re: Winterizing Lesson Learned
Reply #3
Most people that use the RV antifreeze would change the valves on the inlet/outlet fittings so the antifreeze is diverted around the water heater tank, and gets the antifreeze to the hot faucets on the sinks and tub ( and it wouldn't matter if the relief valve is open).

Thanks for the suggestion - we'll likely add a bypass valve in the spring.

2018 Mid-Bath Beatrix (bringer of joy)