Skip to main content
Topic: Lithium Jump Starters (Read 245 times) previous topic - next topic
Lithium Jump Starters
Ordered and just received this lithium battery 12v jump starter. I don’t know how this compares to the one others on LDO have purchased, and frankly don’t know if it would start a Lazy Daze but that’s not the reason I purchased it. I bought it more for use during our recent power outages, as it can be used to charge cell phones, etc., and to carry around in the Subaru in case I need a jump. It was a really good price on Amazon!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Lithium Jump Starters
Reply #2
That's it, Bob! I am charging it up as I post.  :)  Unbelievable how compact and light these lithium chargers are!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #3
Greg,

I’ve got the same one. I also have the Antigravity Lithium jumper.

The DB Power is what a guy used on my LD a year or two ago. Fired it right up. No hesitation what so ever.

Be aware that if using it to charge your cell phone the most you will get is two maybe three charges from it before it needs a recharge. When I did this in our rig, it took quite a while to recharge the DB Power. I can’t remember if I tried to use 12 volt of 110 to recharge it at the time.

Also be aware that it will need to be recharged every three months (or sooner) even if you don’t use it. I had my Avalon sit without use and found that the DB Power had lost its charge. After recharging the DBP, it had no problem starting the car.

The manufacturer recommends recharging the unit after jumping a few cars. Don’t leave the Jumper hooked up to the car once the vehicle starts as the jumper could get hot and destroy itself.

All in all, I wouldn’t leave home without it.

Kent

2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #4

We first had the Bolt Power G06 which worked great.  We used it as a backup battery for lights, music etc and watching movies outside with our portable video projector.  Occasionally we jumped started other people's vehicles.  Unfortunately in 2018 out LazyDaze was broken into through the roof emergency escape and it and other items were taken.  They no longer make the BP G06 so we bought the Bolt Power N02 1200 Amp Peak 12-Volt Car Battery Jump Starter from amazon which appeared to be the updated model.  We also added 12v accessory jack EC5 to run our 12v items from.  The new unit has a safety feature that requires you to restart it by pushing the start button after it has boosted a battery which will prevent overheating the unit if the vehicle starts or does not after around 15 seconds.  I have been asked for jumps many times only to bring out the booster and not have to jocky around vehicles and yank cables into place.  We do not have an isolated battery connect between our house and cab batteries so this seemed to be the best solution

Karen~Liam
          98 ~ MB
             NinA

Amazon.com: Bolt Power N02 1200 Amp Peak 12-Volt Car Battery Jump Starter...

Amazon.com: LOTUS POWER EC5 Cigarette Lighter Socket Adaptor for EC-5 Mini...

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #5

Our lithium jumper is four years old and will still start the V10, with the LD's starting battery disconnected.
It wasn't cheap but when a battery is dead and you are in the middle nowhere, the cost stops being as important.
Amazon.com: Antigravity XP-10-HD HEAVY DUTY MICRO-START Lithium Jump-Starter...
HEAVY DUTY XP-10 MICRO-START – Antigravity Batteries

Jumpers come in variations ranging from small jumpers like the Antigravity, to suitcase-size power packs with bigger batteries and 120-VAC inverters as well as chargers for cell phones.
It all depends on what you want to power and for how long.

Larry

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze