Skip to main content
Topic: Shurflo Water Pump Question (Read 193 times) previous topic - next topic
Shurflo Water Pump Question
Anyone know the Shurflow model or part number for a recent (2019) Lazy Daze?  I’ve found the pumps to be reliable but it does seem prudent to carry a spare.
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Shurflo Water Pump Question
Reply #2
Warren, I think that your 2019 uses a 4008, but I would call Todd and ask. Following is a link to the Shurflo site; the list of 'replacement' pumps may be useful.

RV Water Delivery | Pentair

I have a Whisper King in my 2003; it's the second one. The flow rate is a puny 2.2 GPM, hardly a 'blaster', but it works. The Whisper King was discontinued some time ago, so I carry a 4008 as a spare.

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
When we brought 'Baxter' I purchased a new water pump as a spare.   Oh about three years in it failed.   I was in luck I was near the Mothership.  They replaced the busted pump with my spare for ½ hour labor charge.   As an aside I found out  the warranty starts the moment you buy the pump.   So my 'new' pump was already out of warranty before I even used it.
I now carry a water pump rebuilt kit.   I'm on the fence as to should I buy a spare water pump or not......  a spare is good insurance no doubt.

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #4
Our 2017 has the 4008.
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #5
"I purchased a new water pump as a spare."

I, however, have never carried a spare in the 15 years I've owned my LD! There are few areas where they cannot be obtained within a short time.

Yes, I have had to replace a couple, in fact I'm now on #3. But in contrast to the early years someone else gets to do that near impossible chore on a 30'IB.

I recall a trip to Bryce and Zion not so long ago when the flexible hose to the spray head on the kitchen sink developed a leak, effectively preventing use of the water system. Did the three of us panic? No, it was a simple matter of toting water by the bucket for the necessaries. Some six weeks later I had the entire faucet replaced and was back in business.   ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!